Ludicrous speed I tell you

KpAtch3s

Reaction score
With this ridiculous pace at which we're seeing cellphone hardware improve and their OS's (at least android's) I would really like to see a cellphone that is as easily upgradeable as PC's are. To be able to swap out the cpu or add some additional ram would be nice.

Consider that about 9 months ago a 600mhz chips was awesome for a cellphone and that by Jan we saw 1ghz and by this December 2ghz cpu's will be appearing, probably accompanied by 1 gig of ram.

Yay or nay?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
We'll be hitting Plaid here soon.........

dakoop

Reaction score
good idea but it wont happen. they want us to buy more phones

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
the money you would spend in changing stuff out being that its cheaper in bulk then buying individually. It would be better to wait.

bucky716

Reaction score
Since phones are coming with HDMI ports now I'm waiting for the ability to be able to just dock the phone and use it like a computer.. hook up a monitor, keyboard and mouse and surf away.

techRob

Reaction score
We'll be hitting Plaid here soon.........
haha i thought of spaceballs as soon as i saw the thread title!
lmao :rofl3: Gotta love the Spaceballs references!
The title of the thread made me laugh a little and put a smile on my face (i just wanted to come in and give the a thumbs up to the thread starter for that - and 'cause i wanted to see what was up). The comment by Backnblack had me rollin' though...lol

I'd throw in some sort of other quote, but can't think of any that are relevant. I need to go buy that Mel Brooks collection finally- $30 @ costco :icon_ banana: (haha >$100 when it came out) ...sorry for off topic, but it all fits :p

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I doubt you'll see this. It adds quite a bit of complexity (and cost). Also, even on a PC you end up having to upgrade the motherboard itself at some point to support new architectures. I just don't see this as being practical.

Darkseider

Reaction score
Since phones are coming with HDMI ports now I'm waiting for the ability to be able to just dock the phone and use it like a computer.. hook up a monitor, keyboard and mouse and surf away.

Bucky it's coming sooner than you think :)

We had a huge thread about this a couple of months ago. I have on good authority that we will be seeing some of these musings come true sometime toward the end of 2011 / beginning of 2012.

Detonation

Reaction score
PCs are large and open, so its easy to swap parts in and out. Cell phones are a whole different story...they are designed to be as compact as possible based on the hardware inside, so changing it up wouldn't really work unless you wanted to carry around a brick.