"Low on space."

GreekPower

Reaction score
is app2sd possible or a real app? I just hit my limit on my droid and want to move them to the sd card.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Next time try backing up your text messages (moving them to the SD card) and clearing those out. This cleared over 50MB of storage for me.

I'd be willing to bet that about 90% of the "low memory" problems result from the problem you've identified. I use messaging almost never but I have a great deal of email coming to my Droid and eventually I had the same problem. Deleting email resolved it.

The reason that a factory reset solves the problem is that it clears data and cache along with the apps themselves. But as you noted, you don't have to go that far.

An app in the market (Quick App Clean Cache) checks apps' cache and data and can be used to identify those that are dragging a lot of stuff into memory.

And for those having problems finding AppBrain, the Droid app is AppBrain Market Sync. You also have to create an account on the AppBrain website to synchronize with.

OP
T

toll_booth

Reaction score
Next time try backing up your text messages (moving them to the SD card) and clearing those out. This cleared over 50MB of storage for me.

OK, I'll keep this in mind. I lowered the number of messages saved per conversation to 40. How do you lower the overall number?