Low on memory message

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
I have recently been getting "Low on Memory" messages... I figured it was because I have a lot of apps so I uninstalled some of the ones I never use a few days ago.
This morning I get the message again and realize it is triggered when I open my E-mail. I take a look at my folders and notice I have close to 400 e-mails in the trash folder! I just deleted all of them and the phone seems to be a bit snappier... Is it my imagination or do we need to clean out the trash once in a while to maintain performance?

machnhed

Reaction score
I got a similar message yesterday because my text message storage was full. I have it set to not delete old messages automatically, so that's another way to reach your memory limits

OP
SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
I got a similar message yesterday because my text message storage was full. I have it set to not delete old messages automatically, so that's another way to reach your memory limits

Good point... I have the native messaging app set to auto delete but not Handsent... I think I'll go do that now.

machnhed

Reaction score
Good point... I have the native messaging app set to auto delete but not Handsent... I think I'll go do that now.

I could be wrong here, but I THINK the message retention settings in your native app are what will ultimately control your overall message storage. Both handcent and native pull from the same database, so the deletion controls on your native should control the actual msg db. If you've got that set to auto-delete, I THINK it should work for you.

OP
SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score

I could be wrong here, but I THINK the message retention settings in your native app are what will ultimately control your overall message storage. Both handcent and native pull from the same database, so the deletion controls on your native should control the actual msg db. If you've got that set to auto-delete, I THINK it should work for you.

Hope you are correct as there are no settings for auto delete in Handsent.

brando56894

Reaction score
unless you have tens of thousands of texts with pictures in them SMS isnt taking up the space since each text is only a few kilobytes. The culprit is most likely your apps, if youre rooted or on froyo move some apps to your SD card, if you stock/ on eclair youll have to delete some of your apps to regain your space.