Love this phone - Texting Pic Problem/Bluetooth problem

NowWhat!!

Reaction score
I have had my phone for a month now and this is the first time I have tried to text a pic. It seems like I am missing an app to send a pic through texting. Or is there something that I am doing wrong.

The other thing that I can't seem to get to work is voice activated bluetooth. It is a Plantronics 520, and was working great with my old phone (non android), but I can't get it to work with my Ally. Any suggestions for this also? Thanks

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have had my phone for a month now and this is the first time I have tried to text a pic. It seems like I am missing an app to send a pic through texting. Or is there something that I am doing wrong.

The other thing that I can't seem to get to work is voice activated bluetooth. It is a Plantronics 520, and was working great with my old phone (non android), but I can't get it to work with my Ally. Any suggestions for this also? Thanks

I don't have the Ally but I will try to help you. You should have a gallery where your pics are at. Long tap on a picture you want to text and an option to share should come up.

If your OS is 2.1 then you are not able to make outbound calls using the headset. Check your OS in Settings/About Phone.

I'm kind of talking generically here, as I first said I don't have or know that particular phone. It may be different then what I think.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score

To send a Pic message, you have 2 options. You can go through the gallery like Hook suggested, or you can compose your text message, and hit menu, attach, picture, and then you will go straight to your gallery to pick the picture(s) you would like to send.

As far as the BT issue Hook is correct, 2.1 does not support BT dialing. I looked for a fix (now the Ally has been rooted), but I'm still coming up empty.

OP
N

NowWhat!!

Reaction score
So I get a more advanced phone and I can't do the most important thing that I need to do with it.....voice activated dialing. Our state has laws against talking on the phone and I hate to have to look at it to dial. I sure hope they get that set up soon!!:icon_evil:

I will try those ways of sending pics and see if it works....thanks!!!;)

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So I get a more advanced phone and I can't do the most important thing that I need to do with it.....voice activated dialing. Our state has laws against talking on the phone and I hate to have to look at it to dial. I sure hope they get that set up soon!!:icon_evil:
Surprising enough, lack of BT voice dialing support it a common issue. My first Audiovox camera phone had BT voice dialing, but my palm Centro didn't.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App