Love the Droid X2

Devinegrete

Reaction score
Just upgraded from original DROID to Droid X2. I am loving this phone

anyone else love/enjoy there new droid x2?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
don't have it, but my good friend has one and it drives him crazy.

he's on his 3rd one and after a couple weeks the keyboard stops working right.

please let us know if you have this sort of problem.

srvctec

Reaction score
Could you give more details of "stops working right"?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Could you give more details of "stops working right"?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

he's not able to finish sentences for some reason. I haven't seen it in person but when texting he has to send maybe a 8 word sentence in two different messages.

My other friend said her droid X (original one) stock keyboard stopped working after the Gingerbread update.

that's pretty much all the details i have....

leonozug

Reaction score
I had a friend with the same keyboard problems and I told them to download a different keyboard app off the market and it worked fine. Me personally, I prefer the Flex t9 keyboard over the stock one anyday. But they downloaded the free Gingerbread keyboard from the market and it worked great.

srvctec

Reaction score
I had a friend with the same keyboard problems and I told them to download a different keyboard app off the market and it worked fine. Me personally, I prefer the Flex t9 keyboard over the stock one anyday. But they downloaded the free Gingerbread keyboard from the market and it worked great.

Hmmm, I've had no trouble with my stock keyboard in the first 2 or 3 days I used it, except for the fact I just didn't like the limited layout and options. I've since installed the app Thumb Keyboard and love it.

kookk

Reaction score
I like mine. Never had any huge issues with it. Couple restarts the first week I got it and it used to pop once in a while on music but now the problems are gone.

However I think its overall underwhelming. If I had the money or someone wanted tto trade id take a thunderbolt in a heartbeat

Sent from my DROID X2

beemerchef

Reaction score
My third X2 is awaiting 600 miles from here for same keyboard issues! Verizon has never heard of such problem they say. This is the first time I hear that another keyboard can be downloaded. (not too savy with all this technology which is my Lifeline though!). What is a good keyboard? and will the present one be trashed then? Thanks...