Loud beep when I talk to an iPhone user?

nubiles

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

OK, I know that the jokes will be fast and furious with this one, but I actually do need help.

I have a friend who has an iPhone 3G (NOT 3GS) on AT&T. I've spoken to her for many years on older phones with no problems. Ever since I got a DROID, she claims that every few minutes there is a very loud piercing beep that comes through her phone from me. I do not hear this beep. No one else that I've spoken to with my phone has this issue. Yet, she continues to insist that it is happening. She does not have this issue with anyone else's phone.

Neither of us are using Bluetooth or Google Voice. This is straight-up cell phone to cell phone conversation.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this could be happening? I don't want to give up calling this person, but I don't want to give up my DROID either!

Thanks!

DeeDee

Reaction score
Loud beep on Motorola Droid

I got my Droid 1 month ago & thought my son was crazy when he said he kept hearing a loud beep on his phone (land line) when we talked. However I soon discovered it happens when I call anyone no matter what kind of phone (cell or land line). I, of course, hear nothing on my end of the conversion. It is becoming very annoying to people on the other end of my conversion. I have tried restarting the phone with the factory setting and checking all apps, no solution yet. Verizon has offered to replace phone. Maybe that's the answer? My daughter got the same phone the same time I did & has no problems.

Mendar98

Reaction score
Hi There!
Im new here!
What's that all about?!
I hope you can help me to follow your topics in this site!
Thanks in advance!
Good Luck!...

Chilazr

Reaction score
Android Pwns iPhones. LOL. Anyway, that sucks. Sounds like something's wrong with those two handsets. I've never had a complaint from anyone on any kind of phone about call quality.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
I've had the phone since early December and have only noticed something similar to this happen once. I was on the phone with my gf and we BOTH heard three quick beeps if I remember correctly. Neither of us had any idea what the hell it was though. It's pretty clear to me now that there's no explanation other than that Google's own software drones are tapping into random segments of our conversations as part of a bigger malicious operation on the horizon.

eimartinez2633

Reaction score
Loud Beep Sound

I’m having the exact same problem with my Droid. Callers on the other end report an annoying beeping sound. It happens with Verizon and non-Verizon callers. I have just changed phones but the beeping continues. Does anyone know how to fix this Droid problem?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've had the phone since early December and have only noticed something similar to this happen once. I was on the phone with my gf and we BOTH heard three quick beeps if I remember correctly. Neither of us had any idea what the hell it was though. It's pretty clear to me now that there's no explanation other than that Google's own software drones are tapping into random segments of our conversations as part of a bigger malicious operation on the horizon.

It isn't Google. It's the CIA. How do I know? They are the ones who use the 3 beeps. :D

slinky

Reaction score
Whenever I answer the phone, about a second later I hear a loud beep that sounds exactly like those beeps you'd get if there is call waiting while on a call. It's very disconcerting and annoying. I'm not sure whether it happens again during a call but it seems to happen every time i answer.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
My friend said the loud beeping noises went away when I did the ##PROGRAM ---> Vocode EVRC-B. But if I switch back to EVRC - he hears the loud beeps again.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

It isn't Google. It's the CIA. How do I know? They are the ones who use the 3 beeps. :D

I thought you weren't supposed to talk about your 'other job', Hook... :ph34r:

Vitticeps

Reaction score

No, it's the DOJ and FTC arguing over who gets to do the antitrust investigation...