lost voice dial after root

Reaction score
i rooted my razr a few months ago, and lost voice dialing capability (i use a jawbone era). after the latest OTA update i lost root, and voice dialing capability returned. i rerooted my razr and once again, lost the ability to voice dial. is this a known issue, and is there a fix?

thanks,

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I have not heard of that one, I am rooted and my voice dial works fine. You are talking about hitting the little speaker from the dial screen right? Did you freeze anything after rooting? How did you root?

monkey_man

Reaction score
Hmm... I thought I was alone with this problem. I have Jawbone Prime that is doing the same thing as yours with my rooted Maxx. The voice dialing doesn't work while I press the talk button, but I can still receive and end calls.

monkey_man

Reaction score
I don't know if this is related to rooted or not just like what you had described on your OP, or maybe something wrong with the Bluetooth itself. Luckiest thing I have is that I own two Bluetooth headsets, and with my Motorola H15, the voice dial is working fine with this rooted Maxx.

OP
MontanaBighorn
Reaction score
ive purchased another jawbone era (lost the original) and it does the same thing the first one does. on a rooted RAZR i cannot voice dial via bluetooth, but when i lost my root the capability came back.