setting default numbers for voice dialing

dt10zt

Reaction score
Holiday greetings - Got the Droid a few weeks ago, and I am trying to figure out how to make default calling phone numbers. My old Motorola Razr phone will voice dial the default number. When using voice dialing on the Droid, it bring up all the telephone numbers associated with that person, and then you must select one of them. Not so cool when driving. Is there a way for the voice dialing to go to a default number and dial?

tomlist704

Reaction score
It is a bit of a pain but when you search for a contact and there is more than one number, my droid asks me which number si the default number and I check the box and choose the number, this should roll to voice dial but I have not tried it yet. Or go to a contact and hold down the number you want and it asks you, just tried it.

synctek

Reaction score
So how do you "Voice Dial"? I haven't tried that yet?

tomlist704

Reaction score
Voice dial is when you press the icon it opens and you say who you want to call. like cal Mike Smith at work or on cell and it should start dialing or confirm if there at multiple names.

synctek

Reaction score
Where is that option on the Droid - How do you initiate Voice Dial?

synctek

Reaction score
Never mind...found the dialer app. Loud and annoying but it seems to recognize my voice well. Looks like you can use it to open the browser, GPS and other applications as well.

OP
D

dt10zt

Reaction score
Thanks. Setting a default number seems to work sometimes. When contacts have multiple numbers, it still in most cases (even after setting a specific number as a default), brings up the entire list.

OP
D

dt10zt

Reaction score
I guess I'll just have to keep trying. The voice dialing is a useful tool when it works properly. I guess I have been "dumbed down" with the way Verizon handles it on most of their phones.

Silver Member
Reaction score
you need to practice using sentences to complete your action

"navigate nearest walmart"
"call bob smith mobile"
..etc