Lost root

dell

Reaction score
Thanks guys have my root back.Motofail worked great.Now want to do ota update,any tips before i pull the trigger.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Thanks guys have my root back.Motofail worked great.Now want to do ota update,any tips before i pull the trigger.
Yeah just a couple, if it's not to late. If you have removed or frozen any apps make sure you replace or unfreeze them. If you want to keep root after the update download Voodoo Over The Air Root Keeper from the Play Store. Install the app, backup root and then temporarily unroot. Get the OTA. After the OTA is up and running you can use Root Keeper to reestablish root. If for some reason you cannot re-establish root, use the Razr Utility (1.8, 1.81 or 1/82) to root your device. Good luck.

EDIT: I just remembered...you're going from rooted Gingerbread to ICS. I don't remember if Root Keeper will work if your going from Gingerbread to Ice Cream Sandwich. You still have to unfreeze and replace if necessary in any case. Like I said , if Root Keeper doesn't work (and I don't think it will) then use the Razr Utility I mention to root Ice Cream Sandwich.

Last edited: