Lost my Root after the update

driftsucky

Reaction score
So, I went thru the rooting process before the update came. Afterwards, I put the phone back to stock so I could get the 2.0.1 dl without any problems. Now, I can't re-root my phone (i did that because I thought flash was in that update which is the only reason I rooted the phone in the first place). I was trying to do wireless tethering and realized that I had no root access. Then...welll....here we are. HELP!!!!

Last edited:

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
There are a ton of threads on rooting 2.1, pull down one of those. It's not the same process as rooting 2.0.1, it's a bit more complex. Have fun.

OP
driftsucky

driftsucky

Reaction score
I know HOW to root the droid. I did it before. However, after I downloaded verizon's update, I lost the root ability. THAT's actually what my question is.

droidilac

Reaction score
I know HOW to root the droid. I did it before. However, after I downloaded verizon's update, I lost the root ability. THAT's actually what my question is.

Do a search for RSD. There is a method where you can flash your phone back to 2.0.1 and you can root your phone all over again. Tons of posts on this....

and make sure you carefully and slowly read the instructions especially the warnings....

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score

Exactly, and I answered your question. You want to re-root, and I told you how to go about finding instructions to root 2.1.... I dont get where the disconnect is.

Would you like an explanation as to why you lost root?

OP
driftsucky

driftsucky

Reaction score
Oh.. Now I feel stuuuuupid. You DID answer my question. I guess droidilac just explained it better. UGGHHHHHHHH I don't even FEEL like going thru that crap again. My fingers are fat and my eyes are old. Looks like this'll be another late night.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Need help regaining root we can help.
As you can see from my sig I am running a rooted droid on 2.1 (a lot of people are now).

mrgarrison

Reaction score
i had to root my 2.1 droid yesterday and it was easy following this video. go to the actual youtube page for it to see what you need to download first and for a step by step guide. everythings on the page. good luck! (i recommend watching the vid first just to know what to expect) :) [video=youtube;WAi--u4y61Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAi--u4y61Y"]YouTube - Motorola Droid - How to ROOT 2.1 firmware![/video]

Last edited:
OP
driftsucky

driftsucky

Reaction score
uhhh yeah. I do need help. I mean, I REALLY don't feel like going thru all that again, but whatever. Is anyone going to get some flash cuz waiting on vzw is like waiting on GT5 for PS3. Sure, it's supposed to come out, and I'm sure someone somewhere is working on it, but it's never really going to happen. And, flash is the entire reason I rooted in the first place.