If You Rooted with EasyRoot, Hold Off on FRG22D

Reaction score
Here is a new post on the Unstable Apps website concerning the FRG22D update:

I just wanted to drop a quick reminder to everyone about the dangers of OTA updates and your access to root applications. Your phone maker wants to get rid of your root at every turn and each new update leads to needing new ways to root and keep your root. The FRG22D OTA going out for the Droid 1 now will remove your root. We are working on adding support at this time, but it may take a few days, so…if you can wait. If you can’t, you will loss root until then.

I know many people use other rooting options but for the simpletons like me, EasyRoot takes a lot of the Techy stuff out of it. If you used EasyRoot and you want to keep root without another method, hang on as long as you can before updating to FRG22D. I am hoping they have a solution soon - I miss Wireless Tether.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
I'm assuming most people who use EasyRoot do not have Clockwork or SPRecovery installed and would not be able to installed that.

dylanthecat

Reaction score
Good point Beach. Rom Manager is an easy option if they want to install clockwork and then install 22D.