Lost Music - Lost Ringtone

cmcgaughan

Reaction score
I downloaded music for a Ringtone. It appeared in my "Music" app and I selected it as my ringtone - but it disappears overnight. This has happened on my phone and my husbands. What am I doing wrong?

Okay found the music in my "downloads" folder but still don't know why the ringtone keeps going back to the default. Assistance is greatly appreciated.

P.S. New to Droid - previous phone was a Moto Q9

Last edited:

michelle4439

Reaction score
I am new to smart phones so I don't know a whole lot about them. I had a droid 1 for about 2 months and downloaded any ringtone app that I wanted from the market with no problems. I got the droid x about 2 weeks ago and downloaded those same apps and my phone kept doing the same thing yours is doing. My phone would either rename the ringtones or delete them all together and go back to default. I asked for help on here and noone replied so I don't know what was going on either. I uninstalled all my ringtone apps and I found the red mabilo app by reading reviews on the blue mabilo app on the market. I downloaded it and I have had no problems with them renaming or deleting.

OP
C

cmcgaughan

Reaction score
Lost Music - Ringtone

Thank you for the reply - I'm a little concerned about permitting downloads from "Unknown Sources" and the disclaimer as to damage to the phone if I do so - any other thoughts? Any other ideas?