lost memory

tha rockstar

Reaction score
I tried downloading a song and its saying insufficient memory. Where did it go and how can I clean it up?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Under settings - storage how much does it say you have available?

Yoiu could try going to a few individual apps ion the app manager and clear the cache to see if that has any effect on it.

OP
T

tha rockstar

Reaction score
For my internal storage/storage/sdcard0 at 3.61mb available, is there any way to expand this? Sdcard1 ext at 13.8 GB available. And application storage at 1.32gb available

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
There is no way to expand that. You would do well to find what data and media is on 0 and move it to the ext memory. 3.5MB is really not much to deal with.

OP
T

tha rockstar

Reaction score
I noticed in it that for pics it was at 170mb. I took a bunch of pics of fireworks. I think that's a lot of my problem.

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Rockstar...

Were you using google play music to download the song? If so, then it defaults to putting the music files on the internal storage (not the SD card storage). DO you have a lot of music on your device? If so, that is probably the problem. I moved my music to my SD card and all works well for me.

If you need to move some of the pictures off the memory card you can use the USB cable and connect the phone to your PC (if you have one) and then copy the pictures to the PC.

Hey, where are you in Tennessee?

David

OP
T

tha rockstar

Reaction score
I use Gtunes to download my music. I live in east Tennessee about an hour east of Knoxville