Lost data connectivity

thunder550

Reaction score
Been fine all afternoon, connected and disconnected earlier from my home wifi with no issues. Now trying to pick up data connectivity (wifi off) and I get nothing. Tried rebooting, making a phone call, turning airplane mode on and off, still nothing. Any ideas? If I call Verizon they are going to make me do a factory reset and I just spent 4 hours getting the phone set up the way I want.

OP
T

thunder550

Reaction score
No, but being in Phoenix I would imagine that any data issues would be resolved relatively quickly. This has been going on for over an hour now.

blackngray70

Reaction score
I've been losing my data connection off and on all day. I got my Bionic this morning at 9:00 am Savannah Ga.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
For some reason i lost my 4g in Philadelphia this afternoon, and it wont come back i hope its not mt phone

BlackDiamond

Reaction score
Do you have 4g in your area? I don't have a bionic yet but isn't there a switch to turn it on and off, like from sim to cdma mode...but if you have done a reboot and all then you might just have to do a factory reset, but you can make a back-up.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
T

thunder550

Reaction score
Yeah i have 4g in phx. Tried switching it to cdma only, still no luck. Ill wait till morning, then i guess its reset time already :-(

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
Hopefully its just something wrong with the network I have no idea why I lost my 4g but I have 3 g

shankomatic

Reaction score
I had an issue where when I turned off WIFI I couldn't get a 3G/4G connection. Rebooting worked for me.

PremierGT

Reaction score
i had this same issue. was on wifi all night. woke up this morning and left for work turned off wifi and it wouldn't connect to mobile network (3G) . left it for a few minutes, still nothing. previous phones i've had (Droid OG, Fascinate) had no problem so this kind of worries me.

reboot got me going though.

Rockford, IL

cplum

Reaction score
I had the same issue yesterday in Tennesse. I had rooted and restored a batch restore of all apps and data from Titanium backup. I thought maybe it was some conflict from that. I did do a facotry reset. I have not had a problem switching from wifi to 4G since I did this.

OP
T

thunder550

Reaction score
Left phone on all night with wifi disabled and still never picked up data. Ill try a hard reset on it when i get to work. Spent an hour on the phone with Verizon last night and they told me its a known issue but that rebooting or turning airplane mode on and off should fix it. None worked on mine, so they authorized a replacement if i take it back to the store where i bought it. Hoping a reset does the trick cause i already rooted yesterday and don't want that to be an issue.

Oh, i am also mysteriously losing apps too. The droidforums app shortcut on my desktop was still there this morning but when i tried to launch it it said the program is not installed. Worked fine last night and i did not uninstall.

OP
T

thunder550

Reaction score
I had the same issue yesterday in Tennesse. I had rooted and restored a batch restore of all apps and data from Titanium backup. I thought maybe it was some conflict from that. I did do a facotry reset. I have not had a problem switching from wifi to 4G since I did this.

Did you do the same thing the second time? I did a TB restore of apps and data yesterday also. If thats causing a problem ill skip it this time.

BlackWS6LS1

Reaction score
Had the same problem last night.... I restarted my phone and have NOT seen the issue since.
Tom

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Oh, i am also mysteriously losing apps too. The droidforums app shortcut on my desktop was still there this morning but when i tried to launch it it said the program is not installed. Worked fine last night and i did not uninstall.

Did you have it installed on the SD card? If so, others have had the same issue. You have 4 gigs of internal space for apps though, so really no reason to install apps to the SD card.