Lost Contacts

phishears

Reaction score
Contacts Lost after 2.1 software upgrade

We upgraded our software yesterday and lost contact information. Some numbers were there but all the names came up as unkown.

I called Verizon support this morning and after rebooting, removing battery, unchecking and checking sync, contacts continued to come up as unknown.

The Reps answer was to clear memory. This was done by holding the volume down button, send button, and end button simultaneousley.

After restoring the phone the contacts appeared as they should.

The rep said this would wipeout our downloaded apps, but that music and picutures shouldn't be affected.

I think we'll wait awhile before we ever do another software upgrade, because this upgrade made our smart phone stupid.

DiscoStu65

Reaction score
Someone please help.

I recently applied the system update to my phone and many of my contacts were lost. It seems to have reset my phone back to when I first bought my Eris.

This includes some VERY important contacts including friends and girls I was dating. !@#$@$ I'm so sad. It also seems to have flooded my list with useless e-mail contacts from my gmail account. What the hell happened? I'm assuming some type of synchronization happened where my gmail account was synchronized with my phone contact list. I don't want this!

I feel your pain. Met a girl on saturday, things went really well. went to send her a text this am and her number was gone. thankfully we have mutual friends so i didn't need to facebook creep the hell out of her :icon_eek:.

Pretty much noticed that any new number I've gotten from the time I got the phone (a month ago) to now are gone.

brentonius

Reaction score
I'm curious. I included all my g-mail contacts with my 1.5 so the overflow isn't an issue here. Although, when I first updated I was missing several contacts. After about an hour, though, all my original contacts returned. Also, have you used HTC Sync with your computer? Other people I've talked to got their contacts back when they plugged their phone into their PC. Good luck.

krazodnem

Reaction score
Someone please help.

I recently applied the system update to my phone and many of my contacts were lost. It seems to have reset my phone back to when I first bought my Eris.

This includes some VERY important contacts including friends and girls I was dating. !@#$@$ I'm so sad. It also seems to have flooded my list with useless e-mail contacts from my gmail account. What the hell happened? I'm assuming some type of synchronization happened where my gmail account was synchronized with my phone contact list. I don't want this!

if you got your phone at a verizon branch they usually have you set up a g-mail account that automatically backs up your contacts.
after the upgrade (and this just happened to me lo and i like you have the ERISl) they look gone but all you have to do is go to

settings>accounts & sync>click on "google"> (check) sync contact

and VOILA!

hope it helped :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
if you got your phone at a verizon branch they usually have you set up a g-mail account that automatically backs up your contacts.
after the upgrade (and this just happened to me lo and i like you have the ERISl) they look gone but all you have to do is go to

and VOILA!

Not picking on the Eris folks at all here, but I do see quite a few that don't seem to realize that it's Google that's your back up. You should all have gmail set up with your contacts over there. If you're waiting for the update and don't have a gmail account establish one today and sync your contacts.

TroutMaster

Reaction score
Someone please help.

and VOILA!

this is wat worked for my Eris, plain and simple. Thanks so much!