Moving Contacts from Phone to Google

jprausch

Reaction score
Does anyone know a simple way of moving one's contacts that are labeled as "phone" to "Google"? I finally figured out how to sync my contacts to Google, but Google only syncs the contacts on your phone that are already associated with Google. How do I easily associate my "phone" contacts to Google as well, so they'll sync and be backed up?

riadav

Reaction score
In the contacts app there is an option to export the contacts to your sd card (a .vcf file), you then should be able to mount your sd card and upload them to your google contacts.

OP
J

jprausch

Reaction score
I'm not seeing an option in the main contacts (or "People") app to export my contacts to my SD card. I do see the option, when you open an individual contact, to send that contact's vCard via MMS. Which I suppose I could do--send the vCard to my Gmail, and import it into Gmail contacts from there, but it appears I would have to do that one at a time for each contact. I was hoping for a mass "phone" to "Google" conversion.

riadav

Reaction score
If you go into the People app and click menu you should see an Import/Export option, this will export your contacts to a file.

Greg1234

Reaction score
I downloaded an app from market called ExportContacts. It worked! Needed to "clean up" some of the labeling of numbers and email addresses but pretty much was a great start!