Lose Cricket flash if I flash new ROM???

jgb7707

Reaction score
I have a Moto Droid and I am thinking about flashing my phone from Verizon to Cricket. I am also rooted and flash fresh roms regularly. Does anyone know if I would lose my cricket flash if I wanted to install a new rom after I flash my phone to cricket service. Thanks.

Cosmo24

Reaction score
I want to know as well..I have mine flashed to pocket wireless here in texas...And I took my phone in rooted with stock 2.1, The guy asked me that if I had messed with the kernals...and If I did put new roms in it I might lose the flash...I have not yet tried to flash a new rom ...im waiting for a froyo rom , But I also would like to know if anyone has any info on this? I would hate to make the long drive to get it reflashed..but at least I wont be charged for the flash again lol..

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
No Idea....Any volunteers?

Cosmo24

Reaction score
I will try when someone releases and froyo rom I like :) ...i think as longs as the prl and phone settings dont change...there shouldnt be a problem...though i dont understand why the guy told me if i had changed the kernel...I read somewhere about the kernel having to do something with the ip or something like that ..sorry im a noob loldancedroid

adidaskorn3000

Reaction score
I just had my Moto Droid fully flashed for Cricket. It reverted my firmware version back to 2.0. I tried to update it again to 2.1. But after the download it says "needs restart". I see there is a manual install for 2.1 but will it wipe my flash? Before I had the full flash on my Droid I only had talk and text. The first day they started rolling out the 2.1 update it was downloaded to my phone and worked perfect. Anyone have a clue about what's going on?

Cosmo24

Reaction score
i dont understand why it went back to 2.0 when u flashed it...i had my phone rooted with 2.1 stock installed from the rom manager..and it was flashed just like that, only thing is im having problems getting text from certain people, but google voice fixed that :), i would make a full back up first...then try it out..i made a back up with rom manager..let us know how it goes....i might try installing the new froyo rom today...will let u know how it goes

Cosmo24

Reaction score
I installed BBv0.1 froyo rom yesterday...and did not lose my pocket wireless flash, however DO NOT install a new baseband or you will lose the flash...I tried nandroid backups, but no luck. gonna take it today to get it flashed again...If i could only get it into diag mode...i could prolly do it myself...oh well...Im still not sure if installing a different kernel will lose your cricket flash....but installing a new rom..and doind a clear wipe and data using rom manager..then installing from sdcard...i had no problems...again do not install a new baseband! lol I learned the hard way

Grindio

Reaction score
I installed BBv0.1 froyo rom yesterday...and did not lose my pocket wireless flash, however DO NOT install a new baseband or you will lose the flash...I tried nandroid backups, but no luck. gonna take it today to get it flashed again...If i could only get it into diag mode...i could prolly do it myself...oh well...Im still not sure if installing a different kernel will lose your cricket flash....but installing a new rom..and doind a clear wipe and data using rom manager..then installing from sdcard...i had no problems...again do not install a new baseband! lol I learned the hard way

Im not an expert, a midrange computer skilled. in this im learning and need help of the droid forum geniuses that i respect and admire and hope some would be kind enough to help me with my problem.ok i have a motrola droid that is rooted and fully flashed(inernet mms gps evething works perfect even apps conecting to nterne i.e. bank of america) to cricket. when i bought my droid it wasnst rooted and i updated to 2.1 and it was perfect but when i decided to flash it to cricket, the guy that did it for me did the following; downgraded it to 2.0.1, build number: smokeglas v5.0,baseband version: C_01.3E.03P, model number: droid(adamz enhanced), kernel version: 2.6.29-Smoked_Glassadamz@ubuntu#10. in an effort of trying to update my firmaware or at least install a new rom like Cyanogen, i have kind of familirazed with the whole droid flashing thing and adb shell spr recovery etc but dont know what excatly each thing do I would like to know if anyone following this thread would be kind to explain to me how to install a new rom ( if possible 2.2 froyo rooted with wifi if or any rom close to it :icon_eek: ) without loosing my cricket set up. If i make a nandroid backup, smokeglass rom and then i install, say cyaonogen 5.0.8 i will have to wipe all data, cache etc? can do it without having to do that and if not nandroid back up will restore my cricket flash after i wipe install the new rombecaous i did once and messed up my flash :/. also i was trying to learn how to reflash. if i end up screwint it, from other forums and i found the howarforum, i think hows it called list how to do it but when i try to use RSD i cant Flash the SPRecovery_ESE81.sbf file with RSD Lite. When i open. in HWVS it says when it conects with COM3 that theres is a LAN error. I cant even find cdma WS 3.5 online free in torrentents( if anyone has it, with license crack i will love to if they can PM me it). i found he 2.7 by i get to the step of putting MDN theres no field where to put my MDN but theres one for the MIN in b0th 3.5 and 2.7. and then finally even if i alredy being throught all this process then updating my firmware to 2.1 and installing a new rom would affect my flash but if even my nandroid backup odesnt work if i type all my info back when i go to voice dialer and go to apns to put the info that has to be there that would solve the problem after i put a enew rom? or nandroid backup would take back to smokeglass and everuthiing?

thnks if anyine hekp me with this and i think a bunch of more people would be more really greatefull if so becaouse im being looking on the net lie crazy and havent found anything that answer me and plus the cdma ws torrent.dancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Whoa is that a wall of text lol. And it doesn't help that theres almost zero punctuation/proper grammar :)

And to anyone still reading this thread for the original purpose, I wouldn't do it, because at the very least you will have Verizon Wireless in your notification pulldown