looking for these 2 apps

Slntagent

Reaction score
so i was told there were apps to find local restaurants in your gps area, and an app that can unlock ur car from your phone. (i know its an iphone app, but was hoping it was on the market)

thanks

LordKastle

Reaction score
You can't magically unlock your car unless your car has the capability to do so. I am sure you know this and I'm guessing your car has keyless entry.

WHERE is an app that will find you restaurants, stores, gas prices, and anything else for that matter. I have heard similar things about Sherpa but a fully endorsed Sherpa is being worked on for the Droid right now. Of course you can still use the original version, but it requires a little bit more work to install (read other threads about this in the forum.)

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Google Places Directory is also similar to WHERE if you want to try it out also.

Dan_Droid

Reaction score
I can also vouch for Where. It works great.

Although you can also find restaurants nearby you from within the built-in Google Maps application. Just open up Voice Search (long press on the Droid's search key) and say "Find restaurants". It will immediately open up Maps and show you all the restaurants nearby your current location. It also works for hotels, gas stations, and just about anything else you can think of.