Looking for full service GPS app

rom1966

Reaction score
Been looking for a fully functional gps / navigation application. I want something that is in line with Delorme / Streets and Trips. I would like the ability to import poi's and then be able to navigate to them.

I've played with GPSMap Pro. It will import a lot of different formats but doesn't have navigation capabilities.

GPS Essentials claims to have to import .kml files but I haven't been successful on getting what I need in there. Haven't even got the navigation part yet.

Google Navigation doesn't work due to the lack of poi importing.

Google Maps doesn't really work for the same reason. I've played with the idea of screwing up my contact list and saving all my poi's as contacts and then bringing them in that way. I just fear having to comb through those when I need to find a real contact.

Doing poi imports one at a time isn't really an option. I have about 7500 I need in there when I am done.

I'm surprised non of the big names have jumped in to create a real navigation app. Any suggestions on something that comes close would be appreciated.

Rasper912

Reaction score
Make a group in contacts? And then hide the group when you need to? Just a thought..

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised non of the big names have jumped in to create a real navigation app.
I'm not. Your request seems fairly uncommon and fills a very specific niche based on my experience with various Android forum sites. GPS is a topic that I actively track down. Don't assume that your needs/wants are everyone else's. What qualifies as "real" or "full service" is going to vary based on who you ask.