Looking for easy way to find WiFi ON/OFF switch

liddster

Reaction score
Thanks! After I posted, I did a bit more reading to find out that I did need a full empty row. Once I opened up a row, it installed fine. I hope the new release adds more home pages, as I now am out of room. :) BTW, what is the icon that looks like a refresh icon on the widget (next to last on right of widget)?

Thanks!
Dave

Also if you aren't going to use another launcher like Home++ that gives you extra screens, try using folders to help clear up some space... Long press on any screen then click on folders then "new folder" then just drag and drop them into the folder. I personally have a folder set up just for games. To rename the folder from "folder" to "Games" or whatever you want. Just open up that folder and at the top tab where it says "folder" long press and then you can change the name.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks! After I posted, I did a bit more reading to find out that I did need a full empty row. Once I opened up a row, it installed fine. I hope the new release adds more home pages, as I now am out of room. :) BTW, what is the icon that looks like a refresh icon on the widget (next to last on right of widget)?

Thanks!
Dave

Also if you aren't going to use another launcher like Home++ that gives you extra screens, try using folders to help clear up some space... Long press on any screen then click on folders then "new folder" then just drag and drop them into the folder. I personally have a folder set up just for games. To rename the folder from "folder" to "Games" or whatever you want. Just open up that folder and at the top tab where it says "folder" long press and then you can change the name.

All good suggestions. And if you'd like to access a large group of applications from a single icon on your phone, download appOrganizer of abcOrganizer from the market. It is essentially a "folder manager" (along with some other functionality) that allows you to select a particular icon and group a set of applications into a panel that pops up when you press the icon on your homescreen.

P.S. GDE also provides up to seven homescreens and enables you to cycle through them all in a single direction.

MisterHighway

Reaction score
Curvefish programs are quite awesome. I use their Silent On/Off, Brightness Level and Wi-Fi On/Off. I also use Ultra Keyboard (for my big gorilla fingers), Handcent SMS (I applied for the "gold" membership allowing me to backup SMS/MMS/Settings to my SD card and their servers which was like 8 bux) thought the program itself is totally free. I use Alfred for my SMS away messages (I bought Siesta Text, which I really liked, but it kept taking my phone out of silent mode even when not "away". I'll be looking into that later). I use Catch for my notes, AlarmDroid for my alarms, Juice Defender for my battery saver along with SetCPU and AutoKiller (using the "Aggressive" preset. I just tonight (06/01/2011) rooted my Droid 1 (version 2.2.2 build FRG83G) very quickly and hassle free. I used PDAnet to successfully tether my computer to my phone using 3G as my internet source. Also my phone is running lightning fast now!

Currently trying to find an app that will allow me to edit the icon titles and/or the icons themselves!

Any comments/questions, please feel free to contact me.

[MisterHighway]

Droid 1 (A855)
Version 2.2.2
Build FRG83G
Rooted

grace1169

Reaction score
I wanted to surf the web and I couldn't figure out how to turn WiFi on. I remember shutting it off to save the battery. I could not find the bar that turns on/off: WiFi, BT, Sound, Brightness. Where does it hide? I went to the Main Menu, scrollled left, then back to Main menu, scrolled right, and did not see it. I started touch this and that; sudenly it appeared. Is there an easy way of finding the WiFi On/Off switch?

KC

Menu > Settings > Wireless and Networks. Check / uncheck WiFi box.

If you do not have any widgets of it , That is the good way. I always go through this .