Looking for a replacement from Black Berry to 4G phone

dubyatee

Reaction score
I'm looking to switch from my old black berry to a new 4G phone. I am a Verizon user. Do any of you have any suggestions or is there a thread on this subjuct. I want music and decent pics. Also I wear readers and need something as large as possible, this BB is very tiney.

jchammer123

Reaction score
If music and decent pics are your main need, then the rezound is amazing. Excellent photos!!! I personally love the beats headphones. All the 4g phones are pretty good, the newer ones are better, so it just depends on what you like.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

OP
D

dubyatee

Reaction score
Thanks,
Also, I need a dependable phone. But I assume that's everybody. I heard Samsung isn't great on reception.

jchammer123

Reaction score
That's the reason I didn't go with the nexus. It's an amazing phone, but I heard to many people saying they were having problems with it, and it just kindof scared me away. I have been extremely happy with the reception on my rezound, both phone and data. I'm sure it also depends on where you live as well.

OP
D

dubyatee

Reaction score
I live in the country with 3G, but work in town where there's 4G. But I have a Booster at my house so I get good reception on my BB. They claim, I will have 4g soon. We'll see.
Wife has an Iphone. I'm not a Mac/Apple fan. So I wanted something else. Also it doesn't have 4g. Apple an I never realy got along.

jchammer123

Reaction score
Lol, I'm not an apple fan either. Honestly, I rarely use my 4g since most the time I use data I'm connected to Wi-Fi at home. I usually turn the 4g off when I'm out and about to save battery and then just toggle it on if I need it.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!! Good luck on making a decision, there are plenty of great phones out there. Just make sure to get into the store and get some hands on time with them to compare, it will be invaluable to actually making the choice.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum!!

I agree with JSM, if you can get some hands-on time with the devices before you buy them that is always good...there are definitely several good choices out there...I current have both the Maxx and Gnex active and I have had good luck with both (although, side by side the signal on the Gnex isn't as strong)...

OP
D

dubyatee

Reaction score
Thanks, folks
Well, I seem to have 3 that stand out to me. Galixie Nexus, Rezound and the Moto Razr Max. I hear they give you a try out period of 14 days or so. Others have said 3 days. I guess I'll visit the Verizon store tomorrow. I'll post my findings for the next guy looking.

jchammer123

Reaction score
Thanks, folks
Well, I seem to have 3 that stand out to me. Galixie Nexus, Rezound and the Moto Razr Max. I hear they give you a try out period of 14 days or so. Others have said 3 days. I guess I'll visit the Verizon store tomorrow. I'll post my findings for the next guy looking.

Definitely post and let us know what you decide to get.

OP
D

dubyatee

Reaction score
Well I got the razr Maxx. I,m having trouble copying, does anybody know if there's a way to select the whole page? I gert half way down the doc and the little brackets disapear. Is there a regular note pad or do you have to word?

jchammer123

Reaction score
Well I got the razr Maxx. I,m having trouble copying, does anybody know if there's a way to select the whole page? I gert half way down the doc and the little brackets disapear. Is there a regular note pad or do you have to word?

You should be able to drag the little bracket all the way down the page.

OP
D

dubyatee

Reaction score
Well i figured out you have to use gmail to get to more if you have A large email to copy.
Small emails you can do without that.
I couldn't find a notebook so I used the office word and created a folder called notebook. Its definitely a change from black berry.

jchammer123

Reaction score
Well i figured out you have to use gmail to get to more if you have A large email to copy.
Small emails you can do without that.
I couldn't find a notebook so I used the office word and created a folder called notebook. Its definitely a change from black berry.

Yes it is! It might take you a while to get used to, but you'll learn to love it.