New Droid user

davefred99

Reaction score
Hello all,
This is my first Android owner/user post. Yesterday I ordered a new droid2 online and it is scheduled for delivery sometime today. I am coming over from the Black Berry world so this is going to be a bit of a change for me.
My reason for the switch is that my BB 8350 is getting old and it has served me well but has become dated. I long for a better internet experience and wanted a touch screen phone but was not ready to give up the keyboard yet. I looked and played with the Droidx but it just seamed to big and bulky to me. I played with the original Droid and while the keyboard was not great it was usable and the newer D2 keyboard seems to be much improved. Coming from a BB with only a 2.5" screen the 3.7" screen on the D2 looks to be an acceptable compromise too me.
I am looking forward to playing with all the android features and apps but my main use is for email and work so I hope that Gmail is not a let down from what I am used too. I also use Hotmail and not sure how well that will integrate with the Droid and Gmail but I am sure there are ways to make it work for me.
Wish me luck and I am open to any must have apps or suggestions to get me started.
Dave

Welcome to the Android Platform and to Droid Forums

Back