looking for a new ROM to try.. Which one?

meaker

Reaction score
OK so I've been using DT Patient zero axiom rom that is jelly bean based. But I'm missing some MODS of the things he was using in his ics version of this rom and this one has a bug with no 4g while talking on the phone.

So are there any other roms out there that are have volume boost, toggles in pull down with brightness bar, volume settings for ringer and notification separate, color mods for nav buttons, still fast as hell and stable with good battery.. Or and they need to be jelly bean based???? I know just start flashing everything but I don't have time for that or time for bugs.

Nealius

Reaction score
Jbsourcery is what you need! More options and mods then any other rom . They were ROM of the month for a reason

OP
M

meaker

Reaction score
Nealius said:
Jbsourcery is what you need! More options and mods then any other rom . They were ROM of the month for a reason

I'll give it a try thanks

KJW979

Reaction score
Nexus Evolution is worth a try, my current rom running unbelievably flawless and smooth.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
I agree that JBsourcery is probably the one with the most mods right now. If you going for battery and speed. BuglessBeast is a total beast! That's what I'm running right now with no regrets. Liquid 2.0 looks pretty amazing and when I have a minute I'll probably go ahead and flash to that. I think right now the most stable and best JB roms (with some exceptions) are going to be more bare bones.
Axi0m was my first JB rom and it was great. Then I flashed to Winner's build of cm10 and it just wasn't up to par for me yet. BB it is for now. :p

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
SlimJB is the way to go.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

david14807

Reaction score
OK so I've been using DT Patient zero axiom rom that is jelly bean based. But I'm missing some MODS of the things he was using in his ics version of this rom and this one has a bug with no 4g while talking on the phone.

So are there any other roms out there that are have volume boost, toggles in pull down with brightness bar, volume settings for ringer and notification separate, color mods for nav buttons, still fast as hell and stable with good battery.. Or and they need to be jelly bean based???? I know just start flashing everything but I don't have time for that or time for bugs.

You can't go wrong with Euroskank's or Cyanogen's CM10. They both are updated daily.

steveky

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I'm about to take the plunge and try rooting. I'm very new to this meaning I don't even know what "flash" means. Based on context, I think it means something like install. Before I actually try and do this I need to find ROM. Is there a good list out there that has the names and some of the main features, including pros and cons of each?

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I'm about to take the plunge and try rooting. I'm very new to this meaning I don't even know what "flash" means. Based on context, I think it means something like install. Before I actually try and do this I need to find ROM. Is there a good list out there that has the names and some of the main features, including pros and cons of each?

Flash does basically mean install.

About the feature comparison of ROMs, the closest I have seen was this thread (link to a google doc in the OP). It isn't really up to date, and only hits 7 of the probably 50 or so ROMs that exist. Being that there are so many ROMs, some of which update rather frequently, it would be hard to update and maintain something like that with any sort of accuracy.

Figuring out features isn't too hard though. Most ROM threads will have a list of some of it's main features in the main post, or perhaps one of the following. Many are pretty good at making changelogs too, where you can see what changed from build 1 to build 2....etc, so you can actually get a more full list that way. Of course this means you will have to do some snooping through various threads (perhaps multiple forums, as some devs only post on one forum to make their life easier), no one stop shop. But still it isn't too hard to get a general idea.

Pros and cons, are basically impossible to say. Performance decides on so many factors, many ROMs should be on pretty even ground here. This includes actual speed of running the device and battery life. Some folks have better experiences with one ROM over another, for whatever reason. But there are folks that have great experiences, and perhaps bad experiences, with many ROMs and kernels. "OMG this ROM/kernel combo made my device so fast. It is also getting great battery life, I don't think I will ever have to charge my device again." Then the next post is "My device stutters and I am getting terrible battery life. HELP!!".

There is also the fact that people like different things. There are folks that love the bleeding edge, give them every feature you can pack into the ROM. Then there are folks that are perhaps overwhelmed by those options, or perhaps only use 2 of them, find the rest useless, and feel the ROM is a bit bloated for their needs.