Looking for a GPS App

rocketpod23

Reaction score
Sup guys? Like the title says, I'm looking for a Free GPS App. I already use and love Google Maps, but am looking for a few more features.

Things I'm looking for:
Ability to save a coordinate, and have guidance back to it (like 'car finder')
Ability to share my coordinates with another person's smart phone

I guess that's really about it. There are a few apps that have this capability but none of them have an interface that seems very straight forward to me. If anyone has any recommendations I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Waze has a send location feature.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
To be honest you're looking for a lot of functionality for a free app. I haven't seen a paid app that could do all of what you're looking for.

StormyHeather

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S21
Twitter
GAPeachHeather
WAZE is a great GPS / Traffic app. I use it everyday. It has real-time traffic because other Wazers (and you) inform of traffic hazards, such as police, hidden or visible, accidents, things in the road, etc. and is scarily accurate in the estimated time of arrival.

StormyHeather

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S21
Twitter
GAPeachHeather
If you are asking about WAZE, it is a cell phone app. I guess you could use it on a tablet if you had a car dock for it and network access.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Waze is nothing more than Google Maps with a little bit of social interaction. I still prefer Google Maps.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk 2

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Google maps doesn't warn you of cops, pot holes, road debris, accidents, red light cameras or adverse road conditions.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Google maps doesn't warn you of cops, pot holes, road debris, accidents, red light cameras or adverse road conditions.

I've found that only about 10-20% of those notifications are actually legit. I understand that conditions change and location is important, but when they change that often, I can't see it actually being beneficial.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
One of the local Philly news stations uses waze on a tablet for their traffic reports..

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I've found that only about 10-20% of those notifications are actually legit. I understand that conditions change and location is important, but when they change that often, I can't see it actually being beneficial.

It must be a difference between where you are and where I took a 400+ mile trip over the weekend, (each way), and it was only wrong 10-20% of thee time. And when it was, I told it so. It was extermely accurate in telling me where there were police, traffic jams and cars on the side of the road, (the last one wasn't exactly helpful) Over a 5.75 hour trip it was only off 6 minutes beginning to end on my estimated arrival time. That was atypically accurate for any GPS.