Looking for a good music player that displays song lyrics embedded within ID3 tags

apastuszak

Reaction score
So far I have looked at Astroplayer and PlayerPro. Both seem nice. Looked at TuneWiki and Music and Lyrics a while back, but both of those download lyrics off the Internet, rather than using what's embedded.

Any recommendations?

lbenes

Reaction score
Stock android music app with embedded lyrics (lyrics3v2) support!
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.kayan.nurav.music

Read the comments at Google play. This player is a fraud. It does not display embedded lyrics only ads.

The problem is Android does not natively support ID3v2 SYLT or USLT. So, I put in a new feature request that would give Android support for reading USLT in the ID3 tag. This will allow the native and 3rd party music players to display lyrics, like the iOS and Windows Mobile players can.
If you want this feature in Android, please star the request below, and post your comments.

Issue 32547 - android - Add ID3v2 Lyrics Support to Media Database - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting

droid_fan_01

Reaction score
Read the comments at Google play. This player is a fraud. It does not display embedded lyrics only ads.

The problem is Android does not natively support ID3v2 SYLT or USLT. So, I put in a new feature request that would give Android support for reading USLT in the ID3 tag. This will allow the native and 3rd party music players to display lyrics, like the iOS and Windows Mobile players can.
If you want this feature in Android, please star the request below, and post your comments.

Issue 32547 - android - Add ID3v2 Lyrics Support to Media Database - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting

***NEWS FLASH***** ****THIS JUST IN*********

There is an app on the android market that does support embedded lyrics after days of searching myself I found one that actually workS unfortunately it's note sync'd with the music but does show embedded lyrics, it is FREE too!! It's called MusicKN. Please let me know if you find one that's free and actually is sync'd to the music as well.