Longer charging cable?

teejayh

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a car charging cable that is longer than the standard 30" cable? My wife's care is a Nissan Versa and the 12V REceptacle is between the seats and the standard charging cord is stretched to the max with the droid mounted on the dash or windshield. Any ideas?

JoeeDB

Reaction score
What I did was search monoprice for a longer (I think I got the 6') micro USB cable and a cig lighter with a USB input at the other end and it works fine. Cheap too, got the whole thing for under $10 shipped I'm pretty sure.

dclutter1

Reaction score
Ezestand sells a 6' cable pretty cheap. I've got a couple and, they're nice.

On a side not it's worth getting the stand anyway imo so just buy the package deal and add an extra cable for 3 bucks or whatever it is.

OP
teejayh

teejayh

Reaction score
Hey JoeeDB:

Do you have a link for the cable that you found? I can't find one.

dclutter:
I have the 6' right angle ezestand cable. I need one with a 12v Cig adapter at one end and the micro usb at the other for charging my droid in the car.

Thanks for the tips guys!

OP
teejayh

teejayh

Reaction score
Thanks guys but all of those cables are just Micro USB to Male USB. I need the car charger adapter at one end and the micro usb at the other end.

eanelson

Reaction score
Thanks guys but all of those cables are just Micro USB to Male USB. I need the car charger adapter at one end and the micro usb at the other end.

Dude, he laid it all out for you (unless you don't want to go the USB Cable + USB Car charger route). Here it is again:

USB Cable + USB Car Charger Adapter Thingy

Figure in about $3 or so for shipping and you can get it all for less than $10. On top of that, it allows added flexibility of using the longer cable in your home.

OP
teejayh

teejayh

Reaction score
Thanks, I didnt see the USB adapter on the Car Charger Thingy. I will probably get that. Thanks, TJ