Lollipop users please make a test for me

Mestresabio

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr XT890
Hello! I need to ensure that one of my phones DO NOT ALLOW any access to web browsing. Every parental control solution, or application blocking app that I look into, runs into the same limitation: the phone can be easily rebooted into the Safe Mode, which doesn't load third party apps and thus allows unrestricted internet access.
I've looked everywhere and cannot find a solution. The only hope I seem to have is the "restricted profiles" feature that started in Android 4.3. It seems to be able to block apps as desired (I'm not sure how they work because, as the owner of a Motorola Razr XT890, I'm still stuck with latest official version 4.1). I would be willing to root my phone and install an unsupported version of Lollipop, but I would like to know for certain that the restricted profiles wouldn't run into the same limitation: the ability to easily turn them off with a reboot into Safe Mode. So I'm asking for the help of Lollipop owners to check on that!

I'm not sure I know what you mean exactly. I haven't seen any profiles on my Note 4 at all. Definitely not like on my Nexus 7 tablet.

It sounds if you do not want someone to have access to the internet. If this is the case, change your internet/wifi password.

It sounds if you do not want someone to have access to the internet. If this is the case, change your internet/wifi password.
Or contact the carrier and see if there is a way they can provide a block on the phone. I presume you want to have it fully functional for phone service, but do you also want emails and texts blocked? If so then why not just move that person to a basic phone and be done with it?

I want to give my kiddo a phone with access to e-mail and social media apps, but not web browsing. That's why I want to block access to a few apps (namely the browser). Every security solution, however, fails because of the Safe Mode vulnerability.
So I was wondering if THIS (How to Use Android 5 s Restricted User Profiles for Basic Parental Controls also works in Lollipop safe mode.

Back