Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm still making it through the day with some battery to spare. Granted, I still don't think it's where it was before the update, but it's still more than acceptable. Since I have an Android Wear device, I'm definitely keeping Google Now enabled.

I don't use it ALL the time either, but it's great for quick searches and I'm not really sure what would happen to the functionality of the watch if I stopped it altogether.

I've still got my spare battery if it comes to that, but I haven't felt the need to replace it since the update.

Reactions: cr6

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Battery seems to be ok. Not sure if it's great yet. Been off charger 12 hours

9b088ccb0691cd2433e8a3c5ae4d224d.jpg

2d4fd9d15c23b12fbf681cdbdcace2b2.jpg

Note 4Tified

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
With hardly any use, I can still watch my vzw Note4 battery meter click off the digits.
I can unplug at 6am, and open a Chrome tab on WiFi and within 10 minutes I'll be down to 96%
Today after hardly any use, then 2 hrs of iHeart Radio on wifi, I was down to 35%. Before the update I would easily be in the 60's after 3 hrs of iHeart Radio on WiFi.
Today I topped off the battery to 84%
Turned off WiFi, Mobile data, and sync.
Left the house. 1/2 hr later I was still at 84%
Checked it one more hour after that & it was at 83%
And lastly another 1/2 hour later and it was at 82%
This past week I have disabled mobile data several times for extended periods just as an experiment, and haven't seen much difference, but today seeing how well the battery did with WiFi off, it makes me think that this ridiculous battery drain has something to do with WiFi.

Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Not really an issue, but I notice that Google now no longer had the option to listen when the screen is off. Mine now says it works when the screen is on or device is charging.

Wonder if that change is somehow contributing to the results that @bsweetness is experiencing?

Sent from my Note 4

djtrype

Reaction score
When I'm listening to podcasts using Beyond Pod, my memory shoots way up and I'm having intermittent pauses. Battery life is worse than it was before also.

marthinollys

Reaction score
When I'm listening to podcasts using Beyond Pod, my memory shoots way up and I'm having intermittent pauses. Battery life is worse than it was before also.
I'm getting the pauses using BeyondPod also but they're primarily happening on one station in particular.

Edit: Oops, I was thinking of a station on tune-in. I'm not having any issues with BeyondPod.

Last edited:

rongotti

Reaction score
Am I the only one who's battery seemed to have worsened? I was getting 14 to 16 hrs before now I am barely hitting 12

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Am I the only one who's battery seemed to have worsened? I was getting 14 to 16 hrs before now I am barely hitting 12
Though I'm still having no problem making it through the day, it DOES seem to be lower at the end of the day than it previously was.

Did you do a factory reset after the update? Seems like those of us who did are having less of an issue with battery life.

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
No, you aren't. Mine took a big hit too.
After 1 week I did a factory reset.
That was 5 days ago, and the first couple of days it still depleted the battery way too soon in the day, but yesterday it seemed to show signs of improvement.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
No, you aren't. Mine took a big hit too.
After 1 week I did a factory reset.
That was 5 days ago, and the first couple of days it still depleted the battery way too soon in the day, but yesterday it seemed to show signs of improvement.
That's to be expected as well. Just like an update will cause the phone to need time to readjust to how you use it, an fdr wipes all memory it had of how and when it should let things happen, so even a reset will need at least a few days to regain control.

rongotti

Reaction score
Does the factory reset delete everything? I would just need to screen shot my homepages so I can remember how to set up my apps and redownload them correct? I haven't done this, but perhapse tonight I will give it a try.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Does the factory reset delete everything? I would just need to screen shot my homepages so I can remember how to set up my apps and redownload them correct? I haven't done this, but perhapse tonight I will give it a try.
As the name implies, it will reset the device to factory conditions. You'll have to start over completely. It won't delete pictures & other files from the SD card.

You could backup some things with Samsung Kies utility on your computer. I never do though.

It's a bit of a hassle, but if it fixed the problems, it's worth it. We've been having to do resets on these devices with major updates since back in the og droid days. Keeps everything fresh. We have some members here who do it periodically just to keep the phone from ever getting bogged down.

Sent from my Note 4

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I did the full factory reset after the update, and on Lollipop, I am seeing something that I have not see on any of my 7 or 8 Android phones since my first Droid X... Occasionally the phone will just reboot itself, even if I am not using it and it is just sitting on the desk...

I have not seen this issue in 4 years, and it wasn't doing this prior to the update... Not pleased...

jhom

Reaction score
If battery life is the only problem, I would try a battery pull and cache wipe before a FDR. It might save you the time and hassle of re-setting everything. It worked for me. My battery life is about the same as before the lollipop update.