Lockup Issues Solved (for me)

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
So, the last few days I've had these weird lockup issues on my smooth overclocked Thunderbolt. For example, I'd be typing and it would miss characters like crazy as if I never typed them. Example: typing hahaha would result in hahhhhhahhhh because of the lockup. I noticed that during calls or incoming texts I'd have similar lockups.

Well, switching to the default htc keyboard I noticed there weren't any lockup problems. I use Smart Keyboard Pro and since it was on the SD card (move to sd) I figured there might be some issues with the SD card. About 20 minutes ago I got my first "Unexpected SD Card removal" from the Android OS after a REALLY bad lockup.

Put my Droid 1s 16GB card into my Thunderbolt, formatted it, moved everything to SD and back to normal. No lockups and I notice that everything is alot faster than it was with the 32GB card. Formatted the 32GB card with a USB to MiniSD usb key and now its servicing as a thumb drive (nothing too important for now obviously).

But just thought I'd share this to those that are experiencing similar issues.

melbob78

Reaction score
Did you have a lot of issues with the stock messaging app FC? Thats my biggest problem and it drives me nuts. Im going to switch to a 16GB to see if it helps.

OP
B

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Did you have a lot of issues with the stock messaging app FC? Thats my biggest problem and it drives me nuts. Im going to switch to a 16GB to see if it helps.

Yes, I did. I have been using GoSMS for awhile (seemed to help with the FCs). Loving the 16GB card atm, no lockups anywhere. Sad to think for the last couple months it was just the SD Card. :/

melbob78

Reaction score
Do you have a back up and restore app for texts? I use one but will it work with the go sms?