Locked out, help

JDH

Reaction score
Thought I could use a pin lock to open my turbo from sleep by speaking pin code, alas, it doesn't work that way. Now I have chosen a pin number and when I enter it on lock screen I get nothing. What are we to do after typing in the number? I tried tapping, sliding and begging.
Help

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
What'd you do?!

I read this before, but didn't comment because idk how the turbo lock screen differs from my note 4.

But now I'm curious.

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

OP
JDH

JDH

Reaction score
With moto you are supposed to be able to unlock pin via your voice, I have that feature turned on but it didn't work. I want to be able to unlock without touching my phone.
When you press the power on switch a keypad appears on the screen tap in your pin code and then tap the return key at the bottom right. I should have researched before I put on a pin lock, thought I would have to wait for someone smarter to reply, but I kept trying until I finally hit the right combo.
I will contact moto c/s to find out why the voice pin did not work.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Wish I would've responded now. I was going to suggest the return key, but didn't know if they had a different setup.

In any case, glad you got in & good luck with cs.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Do yourself a huge favor and set up Android Device Manager on your phone. You won't have to sweat pin codes or passwords anymore.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
...I kept trying until I finally hit the right combo.

In the future, I'd be real careful about doing what you just did up there. If I'm correct, the system is designed to lock you out and require a much more involved way to get in once you've tried the wrong code too many times.

Do yourself a huge favor and set up Android Device Manager on your phone. You won't have to sweat pin codes or passwords anymore.

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.

Reactions: cr6

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
In the future, I'd be real careful about doing what you just did up there. If I'm correct, the system is designed to lock you out and require a much more involved way to get in once you've tried the wrong code too many times.

Last time I forgot my unlock code (on the g1), it asked for my Google password after so many failed attempts.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Last time I forgot my unlock code (on the g1), it asked for my Google password after so many failed attempts.

That's cool if you know you're Google password. Many people don't know it because their phone is the only way they access it, they are logged onto it 100% of the time and so they never actually type it. Unless they have specified an alternate email for recovery of the password they may be out of luck.

Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
That's cool if you know you're Google password. Many people done know it because their phone is the only way they access it, they are logged onto it 100% of the time and so they never actually type it. Unless they have specified an alternate email for recovery of the password they may be out of luck.

I think that was actually the case for me at the time as well. Haha

Not so anymore. I use mine to authorize play store purchases every time, check my email from the pc, use drive, etc.

I forget how I used to be & how others still are.

OP
JDH

JDH

Reaction score
Foxcat I didn't forget the pin code just didn't know what to do after I entered it. I was always putting the correct number in.
Still don't know why it will not open with voice pin if you have that feature turned on

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
OK, I did read that... So what you're saying is it wasn't "failing" and returning an error for incorrect pin, it was just not progressing to the next step, correct? If so, then you weren't at any risk of it shutting you out, and that would be my misinterpretation of the events. Still, I do want other members to know that if it DOES return an error for incorrect pin, you should be very careful not to do that too many times (is it 5 failures, I think???), otherwise it will lock you out. Then It either waits 30 seconds and then allows you to try again, or goes the Google authentication way.

As for the voice pin, haven't tried it so I can't give you any feedback at this point. I may be able to give it a run tonight and report back tomorrow.