Locked into 4g unlimited $30 plan

mventura57

Reaction score
So I currently have a D1 which I know is not a 4g phone. I am able to upgrade in early july, which means I'm most likely getting a Droid bionic. I was wondering if anyone knows if you can add the 4th data plan right now to your account if you don't have a 4g phone, so you will be locked into the current rate when you do upgrade. I don't feel like having to pay $45+ a month for 4g on my bionic when my girlfriend is paying $30 for her htc thunderbolt.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Never heard this one before...

I don't know the answer myself but maybe someone will chime in. If i were you I'd go and ask vzw

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it matters whether you can add 4G now or not, as you would still be signing a new contract in July. Unless Verizon grandfathers you to your old contract, you would still pay whatever the new 4G rate is.

Psykho

Reaction score
I've been asking around about this for awhile now and what I'm being told is they are not having separate rates for 4g and 3g a data plan is a data plan

Psykho

Reaction score
I've been told even when they go tiered if you for example use 1gb its still 1gb it doesn't matter if you used 4g or 3g to get there