Locked bootloader??

titos

Reaction score
I haven't seen this question asked nor spoken of anywhere. Does anyone know if this thing will have a locked bootloader.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

wseyller

Reaction score
It will

random rom'd X

Most bootloaders are locked on phones. Its just a question of how easy it is to unlock. Seems more difficult on the moto phones. I do believe that we will have root day 1 at least by using what is already available for current moto phones with gingerbread 2.3.4. And I don't believe it will be patch before we get it. These phones are already boxed up in a warehouse, no time to patch it. If a patch comes it will be via OTA.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

kurumatt

Reaction score
I was just about to talk about this. Coming from the D1 and being able to do whatever the heck we wanted with it, makes me hesitant to move to a different phone.
I need my overclocking and random extras.
Random ridiculous story: last night I had a dream about the bionic and the scavenger hunt. haha dancedroid

mjones73

Reaction score
I don't think you'll need to overclock it out of the box, it's already running faster then your D1 (dual core 1Ghz vs 550Mhz) and looks pretty responsive in the videos out on it... Of course it will be fun to see just how fast it can go.

kurumatt

Reaction score
I don't think you'll need to overclock it out of the box, it's already running faster then your D1 (dual core 1Ghz vs 550Mhz) and looks pretty responsive in the videos out on it... Of course it will be fun to see just how fast it can go.

Well I am rooted running at 1.1ghz . I know it'll be a completely different ball game with the bionic speed wise. The ram is whats holding my d1 down really. The phone is awesome otherwise.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
There is no comparison between the Bionic and the OG Droid.
Even if you're OC'd to 1.1Ghz you're still running a 2 year old chip that only has 128MB of RAM vs. a current generation Dual Core 1.0Ghz CPU with 1GB of RAM. It's night and day.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is no comparison between the Bionic and the OG Droid.
Even if you're OC'd to 1.1Ghz you're still running a 2 year old chip that only has 128MB of RAM vs. a current generation Dual Core 1.0Ghz CPU with 1GB of RAM. It's night and day.

256 MB, el presidente

random rom'd X

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
This is why I went with a new Droid X from a friend, off contract. I've got to have my development and God knows when the Bionic will get some AOSP attention.