Lock screen missing and can't use phone

ktech11

Reaction score
I am running Das BAMF 2.1 Remix and had a strange issue today that I can't seem to get around. My battery died while I was using the phone, so I plugged it in and promptly rebooted. The lock screen was completely missing. The notification bar is still there, but I can't use the phone. Here is what I have tried:

Wipe Cache and Dalvik and reboot
Put it in a Car dock to Unlock
Reflash ROM after wiping cache and dalvik
Wipe system, cache, dalvik and reflash ROM
Wipe system, cache, dalvik each 3 times and reflash ROM.

I am trying to avoid wiping data because I have only had the ROM on a week and had just got it the way I wanted it so I don't have a nandroid or a Ti Backup (I know, dumb). I think I have most of it backed up, but I really don't want to lose anything else. The only other thing I can think of is flashing the kernel again (I don't think this will help, but as you can tell, I am out of options). Anyone have any ideas or am I just going to have to wipe everything and start over?

Edit: I also can't get ADB to recognize the phone, but I think it because the driver never loaded properly.

Goodlefeed

Reaction score
It looks like you have to wipe and flash a new ROM, it's probably a problem due to a relationship between the ROM and your phone's specific hardware, something saved in the user data. Also consider you may have a fragmented download of your ROM.

Try flashing a new ROM or download it again and flash it. (make sure to wipe data/cache)

Hope this helps.

OP
ktech11

ktech11

Reaction score
It looks like you have to wipe and flash a new ROM, it's probably a problem due to a relationship between the ROM and your phone's specific hardware, something saved in the user data. Also consider you may have a fragmented download of your ROM.

Try flashing a new ROM or download it again and flash it. (make sure to wipe data/cache)

Hope this helps.
I ended up wiping everything including data last night and got it running. I double checked the md5 sum and it checked out. Pretty frustrating especially because my market links must have been broken and none of my 50+ apps downloaded. Thanks for the help.

turdbogls

Reaction score

Hope this helps.
I ended up wiping everything including data last night and got it running. I double checked the md5 sum and it checked out. Pretty frustrating especially because my market links must have been broken and none of my 50+ apps downloaded. Thanks for the help.

Titanium backup....learn it, love it :)
seriously tho, get it and use it. it makes getting back all your apps SOOO much easier/faster after a data wipe. i usually redo my app backups every week. change my ROM like every week and do a data wipe every time. Ti Backup makes it a breeze.

OP
ktech11

ktech11

Reaction score
I normally use it, but had just gotten things to the way I wanted them. I didn't use my old back ups because they were from my froyo rom and when I first did the restore of apps and data when I moved to GB I had all kinds of bugs in the apps. One of those things that it happened just as I got the ROM the way I wanted it and was going to start back ups after a couple of more tweaks, PIA!

thurilok

Reaction score
I had the same problem happen to me last week after installing Gingeritis 1.1. I had to wipe data to fix it.

OP
ktech11

ktech11

Reaction score
Sucks

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using DroidForums