Lock Screen & Home

DProGurl

Reaction score
About a month ago my Lock Screen went away. It used to be when I turned my screen on with the power button, I had to slide the Unlock. Any ideas on what may have happened to it?

Also I can no longer get to Home by pushing the Home button. To get Home I have to back all the way out of whatever I'm in.

Any advice, etc, will be most appreciated. :)

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

dettofatto

Reaction score
About a month ago my Lock Screen went away. It used to be when I turned my screen on with the power button, I had to slide the Unlock. Any ideas on what may have happened to it?

Also I can no longer get to Home by pushing the Home button. To get Home I have to back all the way out of whatever I'm in.

Any advice, etc, will be most appreciated. :)

Do you use nolock?
or widgetlocker?
You can install an home repleacment, such as launcher pro and see what happens...

kjjb0204

Reaction score
Does it register your press on the home button, meaning, does it vibrate? If you long-press home, do you get the recently used apps window? Trying to rule out a hardware defect...

If you are using any 3rd party apps with defaults set, check them in settings-applications and clear defaults.

OP
DProGurl

DProGurl

Reaction score
@dettofatto- I don't have and/or use nolock nor widgetlocker. I've never heard of them to be honest with you. :)

@kjjb0204- I get zip when I long press on the Home button. I don't have any 3rd party apps either. It's really weird. I never really noticed that it had changed until one day I put my phone in my puse and the screen came on. Even after I turned it off. When I picked up my phone a bunch of 0's had been pushed and they were shown in a search window. Just odd how it all of a sudden happened.

You guys rock! I knew this forum was going to keep me from going insane. Thank you for you replies! Now what? LOL!

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Frankly, aside from a factory reset, there's not much else you can do.

From there you can see if it works or not and bring it to vzw.

Wife's on her 3rd in 2 weeks. :eek:

Sent from my GimpDroid (Installed by RZR).

kjjb0204

Reaction score
Are there any corporate stores around you with techs onsite? That's definitely going to need a repair. I was annoyed months ago when we discovered the haptic (vibration) feedback when pressing the home row keys could not be turned off. Since yours isn't vibrating at all or doing anything, it's a hardware issue. Trip to verizon is in your future.

OP
DProGurl

DProGurl

Reaction score
Will installing Launcher Pro be effective even though I'm not rooted?

Sank Ya!
:rockon:

Good Lord - I DO NOT want to start all over by getting a new device. Why, why can I ask, do they do this? I'm a devoted Motorola User and will never venture away but for Pete's Sake......just once they gotta get it right the first time.

OP
DProGurl

DProGurl

Reaction score
Goin to the Market........I'll let ya know how it turns out. Fingers crossed everyone! :) Thanks again!

OP
DProGurl

DProGurl

Reaction score
Crud......I meant to ask, is there more than one Developer and if so which one do you recommend?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Launcher Pro is made by one developer. There are other home replacements by other developers.

Don't know if thats what you were asking.

OP
DProGurl

DProGurl

Reaction score
To All,

I downloaded Launcher Pro by Federico Carnales. It wouldn't open. Per F. Carnales, I downloaded Home Switcher. Vuala! I have Launcher Pro. However, while the haptic feedback has returned on my home button, it still requires me to back out to get home.

I'm closer but not quit there. With all of this said, shall I try something additional? (If you can't tell, I'm not uber excited to visit my local Verizon store.)

Thank you all for getting me this far. I have utmost confidence that you'll get me to the finish line. :)

DProGurl~

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't want to bore you but I won't repeat myself anyway. ;)