Lock screen alternative?

drazr11

Reaction score
Are there any apps tht offer different types of lock screens than there are in the default settings of the phone (i.e. password, pattern, number)

Sent from my DROID RAZR

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Try widgetlocker. It is the most popular lockscreen replacement app. Loads of customizations.

OP
drazr11

drazr11

Reaction score
Is it the $2.99 kind or is there a free version of it?

Sent from my DROID RAZR

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I think the $2.99 version is the only version. I bought the app and I don't even use it, but it is definitely a nice app to have access to. Well worth the $2.99 price tag, especially if you're big into lockscreen customization.

OP
drazr11

drazr11

Reaction score
Works well that's what I was looking for. Thnx

Sent from my DROID RAZR

03civicdx

Reaction score
Check out go locker. Its free and works great. Good amount of themes for it also.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Try widgetlocker. It is the most popular lockscreen replacement app. Loads of customizations.

+1. I don't have an unlock lock at all. I wake the phone with the power button and the home button unlocks to home or the back arrow unlocks to the place the phone was at when it went to sleep.
On my Galaxy Tab I have the same setup except I''ve got a bluetooth on/off widget set up. I tap bluetooth on, tap the home or back arrow and in the instant it takes to unlock my bluetooth is on and connected to my Zagg bluetooth keyboard

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Sent from this Galaxy via Blue Tapatalk

Jonpwn

Reaction score
I used to have the original droid, now using a bionic. I've been using various pirated widget locker versions but all of them seem to catch me pirating, thereby displaying the piracy delays and notifications, etc.

All i want is the original look and location of the slider from the original droid. I feel like the stock bionic is too high up and i am not used to it. Go locker requires go launcher and I am using ADW launcher, again to retain the look from the original droid. I cannot justify spending 3 dollars for an app just for the looks as i am not heavy on clustering my lockscreen with customizations.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

for those that don't know, i want this look:

cm-lockscreen3.png

OP sorry for hijacking, i didn't want to make yet another thread on lockscreens

HavoC

Reaction score
I used to have the original droid, now using a bionic. I've been using various pirated widget locker versions but all of them seem to catch me pirating, thereby displaying the piracy delays and notifications, etc.

All i want is the original look and location of the slider from the original droid. I feel like the stock bionic is too high up and i am not used to it. Go locker requires go launcher and I am using ADW launcher, again to retain the look from the original droid. I cannot justify spending 3 dollars for an app just for the looks as i am not heavy on clustering my lockscreen with customizations.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

for those that don't know, i want this look:

cm-lockscreen3.png

OP sorry for hijacking, i didn't want to make yet another thread on lockscreens

Not to be that guy, but you could always root it and install a custom rom like liberty or th3ory that have different lockscreen options. I'm currently running Liberty rom and with the "AOSP" lockscreen setting it's pretty close to the look and feel of stock android/Droid 1.

I know what you mean about the motoblurish lock screen the bionic comes with, its unresponsive and too high up; I don't like it either.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Buy the app, support the devs. Any more discussion of this and this thread will be closed. We do not allow the discussion of pirated apps here on droid forums.

HavoC

Reaction score
Buy the app, support the devs. Any more discussion of this and this thread will be closed. We do not allow the discussion of pirated apps here on droid forums.

Wow, I didn't even read the first part of Jonpwn's post, sorry for not noticing.

Jonpwn- take rck76's advice, either pay for paid apps (as you should), or use a (legal) alternative such as another app that actually is meant to be free, or rooting with a custom rom that includes additional lockscreen features.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow, I didn't even read the first part of Jonpwn's post, sorry for not noticing.

Jonpwn- take rck76's advice, either pay for paid apps (as you should), or use a (legal) alternative such as another app that actually is meant to be free, or rooting with a custom rom that includes additional lockscreen features.

Yes, agreed and my comment was directed at jonpwn, just didn't quote because I didn't think someone would reply before I did, lol.

Jonpwn

Reaction score
oh sorry for that. i didn't mean to start a discussion on that.

I've been holding back on rooting but that' sanother story. Thanks for the suggestion