Better alternative to pattern lock protection

moot

Reaction score
Hi. Today I noticed that login password where you draw/connect the circles is not very good, because you can see an imprint of the pattern lock shape/code, when you turn the droid off and reflect light on to the screen.

Is there a better, free, password word app, simliar to an ipod touch/iphone? I would rather not have to wipe down my droid after 4-5 entries of the pattern lock.

Thanks

Last edited:

ConqSoft

Reaction score
The patterns can be quite intricate. Set one up that crosses back over itself one or more times to make it more secure.

Plus, I'm always wiping my screen anyway. I can't stand smudges on it.

rlb

Reaction score
Hi. Today I noticed that login password where you draw/connect the circles is not very good, because you can see an imprint of the pattern lock shape/code, when you turn the droid off and reflect light on to the screen.

Is there a better, free, password word app, simliar to an ipod touch/iphone? I would rather not have to wipe down my droid after 4-5 entries of the pattern lock.

Thanks

I had a pattern and noticed the same thing. I also found it annoying to enter my pattern all the time. My solution was to download mobile defense and use that to manage my lock. I currently don't have to enter the pattern, but I can turn that option on via mobile defense once I realize my phone is missing. This does give someone a time window to get into my phone, but anything financial is still password protected anyway. I don't have any incriminating pictures on my phone, so the worst that someone can do is read my texts/email and send something as me. I'll live a little and deal w/ the risks.

Rettocs

Reaction score
I noticed the same thing as you guys, and this is why i downloaded a widget called "LockPattern On/Off". You can place it on your home screen, and when you walk away from your phone for any reason, tap the widget to enable the lock, then when you are back, and messing with it, unlock it once, and click the widget to turn the lock back off :D simple!

Anonymouse

Reaction score
The patterns can be quite intricate. Set one up that crosses back over itself one or more times to make it more secure.

Plus, I'm always wiping my screen anyway. I can't stand smudges on it.

Post an example picture of one? I don't quite understand.