Location services issues??

evlmnky

Reaction score
I am running ICS leaked version 6.7.2233 on my Bionic and have been for some time...

Recently my phone has been doing some weird things. Like today, my weather widget and the Facebook location services showed my location in Poland even though I'm sitting in FL. Is this an issue with using a leaked ICS or what? Any help on correcting this? Should i be running a different OS by now?

You have to excuse me, I'm a complete noob when it comes to phones. Installing this leaked OS is about as technical as I've ever gotten with them.

OP
E

evlmnky

Reaction score
Nothing? Today I'm in Sibu, Malaysia apparently...

NoClue48

Reaction score
You could report it to the widget author, but since you're running a leak, I'm doubting there's much interest on their part at this stage.

I had problems with my widget (3D Flip Clock & Weather) while on .232, but have had far less issues (it's updated itself several times since then) after upgrading to .242/244.

Please understand I'm not advocating that you move to .244 for all the reasons that SamuriHL and others are warning against. I'm just relating my experiences with the location services apps.

Good luck
nc

linuxgator

Reaction score
I am running ICS leaked version 6.7.2233 on my Bionic and have been for some time...

Recently my phone has been doing some weird things. Like today, my weather widget and the Facebook location services showed my location in Poland even though I'm sitting in FL. Is this an issue with using a leaked ICS or what? Any help on correcting this? Should i be running a different OS by now?

You have to excuse me, I'm a complete noob when it comes to phones. Installing this leaked OS is about as technical as I've ever gotten with them.

It could be an issue with your A-GPS (Assisted-GPS) data. What that does is it downloads info from cell towers and whatnot and gives a rough location to help speed things up. There's an app called GPS Status that allows you to clear out your A-GPS data and download fresh data which may help. On the other hand, it may have nothing to do with that.

CurGeorge8

Reaction score
I hope Verizon doesn't think you're in Poland and start charging you international data rates.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums