Locale on a Motorola Droid?

ctruit01

Reaction score
Anyone have experience running Locale on a Moto Droid? I'm wondering if it's possible to silence SMS overnight while still allowing the ringer to ring.

CSCool6

Reaction score
I am running it now, and that was the very first thing I set up. So during a period of time the notification sounds are off, but the ringer volume is still up.

OP
C

ctruit01

Reaction score
And you're doing this on a Moto Droid?

I am running it now, and that was the very first thing I set up. So during a period of time the notification sounds are off, but the ringer volume is still up.

NebulaOcton

Reaction score
I do it with the all volumes plug-in for locale but you may want to consider "setting profiles", its cheaper and I've heard it works just as good.

bennyj

Reaction score
You can set that up in locale fairly easy, set up a condition for Contact, while in the condition for contact you can hit the menu button > select view > and change which contacts you want to be able to ring your phone. Either by individual or by group. this group or individual can ring through even though you have your phone set to silent.

I have mine set this way. I have a dock condition that sets the phone to silent and I have a family calling condition that will let any one in my group "Family" ring through even though the phone is in the dock and set to silent.

JP 5.56

Reaction score
Does locale work on froyo?

Yes, in my experience it works better in 2.2 than it did in 2.1 .

In 2.1 I could not use GPS location to make it switch conditions because it never could figure out where I was (even though maps was showing accurately)

That all cleared up on 2.2

Also to the OP: All Volumes Plugin is the one you want for complete control over volume levels of different things.