Chomp or Handcent with Locale?

CrashnBrn

Reaction score
I'm currently running Locale 1.0.5 and Chomp and am unable to
silence notifications (texts) from Chomp.

I have locale set to silence everything but my ringtone between 1-9am and it keeps letting text messages through.

Is handcent any different or does it also not change using locale?

Are there better apps to control my phone while I sleep? I just don't want redundant apps monitoring the same thing.

TIA

ScooberJake

Reaction score
I use Handcent with Locale, works great. Today there was a Locale update, 1.0.6. The AllVolumes plugin stopped working, but I put in a regular Locale volume setting instead and it works. Hopefully AllVolumes will get an update soon as well, cause that one is very useful.

ovrzlus

Reaction score
Scoober, I use Handcent as well, but Handcent keeps overriding my Locale settings. If Locale is set to vibrate, but Handcent is set to ring, it rings. How did you get it to work with Handcent?

Sorry, Crash. Haven't used Chomp...but doesn't sound like it will solve my problem either.

OP
C

CrashnBrn

Reaction score
Scoober, I use Handcent as well, but Handcent keeps overriding my Locale settings. If Locale is set to vibrate, but Handcent is set to ring, it rings. How did you get it to work with Handcent?

Sorry, Crash. Haven't used Chomp...but doesn't sound like it will solve my problem either.

My problem went away after updating to the newest version of Locale, I first did a uninstall, installed the new version. Problem gone :)