Local Events App?

Gideon

Reaction score
Does anyone know of an app for the Droid that gives info on local events for specific cities? What I mean is, lets say I wake up Saturday morning and want to do something with the family, I want an app that I can go to that will show me things going on in my city (Houston), such as parades, art festivals, concerts, sporting events, etc, etc. There was a couple on the Blackberry platform (one was named Poynt, and I can't remember the name of the other) but I can't find any for the droid. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Gideon

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Does anyone know of an app for the Droid that gives info on local events for specific cities? What I mean is, lets say I wake up Saturday morning and want to do something with the family, I want an app that I can go to that will show me things going on in my city (Houston), such as parades, art festivals, concerts, sporting events, etc, etc. There was a couple on the Blackberry platform (one was named Poynt, and I can't remember the name of the other) but I can't find any for the droid. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Gideon

There's an app called Aloca [I believe that's it] that does something like this. There slogan is "Always be a local." Can't remember if I played around with that one or another one.

I basically live out in the sticks, and the nearest TOWN isn't what I'd call a city, but it DID come up with some things. I'm sure you'll have much better luck with the Houston area!

jacestone40

Reaction score
Aloqa is pretty good... Geodelic(used to named Sherpa) is another

OP
G

Gideon

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I ended up with Aloqa. Not exactly what I was looking for, but it'll do. Appreciate the help!