Calendar Event - Customizable Notifications. Is there such an app?

Draidr

Reaction score
I have to be careful not to mention my phone in this message or "move happy" moderators will bury this post into some obscure phone topic like they just did.

Ok

Greetings,

I'm a new Droid user coming from several Blackberry's being my previous phones. Its a bit of a culture shock but I'm learning at a rapid rate and I'm up to the Challenge. My question is actually about the Calendar feature on all the Android phones.

Since I'm coming from the Blackberry, I was able to schedule Events up the wazoo on my phone.. everything from waking up, preparing for work, when to feed the fish, when to get Milk, write a report, yadda yadda, you get the picture. Everything had a reminder on it and I was able to customize that ringtone for a certain event. IE Beethoven for waking up, Snoop Dogg for feeding the animals, blah blah. The ringtone told me what I needed to do.

However, as far as I can tell, all Droid stock phones 2.0 and up have only one generalized "default notification" sound that is the same for Text messages, Calendar's, Emails, message alerts, etc. Well, Needless to say I was peeved to find out that I'm unable to fine tune my calendar in this way to do what I want.

Now, I've been able to do something similar in terms of customized notifications if I use the default Alarm Clock app. This has +10 Alarms that I can set and use custom tones for each one. However, I'm unable to sync my Daily/weekly/one-shot alarm times with my Calendar so that I can visually see what I have to do each day/hour/week.

At last, my question... (sorry for the chatter, just wanted to be clear)
So does anyone know of a Calendar app that does all that I want from above, or combine (sync) the Alarm Clock information in with the Calendar? Even better yet, does anyone know of an app that does the Specialized Ringtones AND has a full screen Widget feature?

I've tried Pure Calendar and felt I was downgrading my phone back to DOS dates.. Horrible for what I need/use it for. Any other suggestions.

Note to the Mods, this is an APP FEATURES question, not a Phone specific question.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Have you checked into the app - Tasker? I am not sure that it will meet all of your needs, but I think it will meet some of them...

OP
D

Draidr

Reaction score
thanks for the Suggestion STG, I looked into it and it seems that it can do quite a bit of things, including what I want done. It appears to be an Alarm clock and something of a Calendar all rolled into one.

I've been reading the reviews on it and there seems to be a monster of a learning curve for it though. I kinda want to try a free version first before investing money into something that might not do all that I want to do.

any other suggestions would be great.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Yes - I agree on the learning curve however, once you master it - I think it becomes pretty useful....you do have 24 hours for any app that you purchase in the market and I want to say that the dev's website allowed a trial period but I am not sure that you have the full function of the app.

Setting Profiles in the market is similar as well and I am thinking there is another but I am not recalling the name right off...

Good luck!!