"Loading Data, Please Wait..." and Force Close messages

skidemn

Reaction score
Yesterday I did a Factory Data Reset in order to remove the incorrect Google Account associated with the Android Market app on my phone. Before I did that I downloaded MyBackup and used it to backup both my apps and data. I found out later that Google automatically backs up the apps (if selected in the setting menu on my droid) so I only needed the data backed up. In any case, I did a restore on the data and got everything back almost as it was before the reset. However, now I have this "Loading Data, Please Wait... " message on all the time since yesterday, and I get this error message nearly everytime I do anything with the phone: "Sorry! The process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again". I have already uninstalled MyBackup and no luck stopping either problem. Ideas?

Kevin8se7en

Reaction score
Having a similar problem...

In my notification bar at the top, it says "Loading Data, Please Wait..." and it's said it since 10:50am on the 17th. Everything works fine, but it may be using up my battery.. IDK. It's simply annoying.

OP
skidemn

skidemn

Reaction score
partial solution

Another board directed me to look at a weather app for problems. I had weather bug installed and after removing it the loading message stopped. I still have the force close problem. Must be a different problem.

Gwired

Reaction score
Weather Bug

It was weather bug for me. After you download and install the app says loading data. You have to run the app and then allow it to view your location. then it shows the temp in your notifications bar. Pretty slick.:motdroidhoriz:

lyndon551

Reaction score
Loading Data

I had the same problem until reading this thread! I loaded Weather Bug and low and behold the loading data symbol went away, and the temperature replaced it :)! Thanks for the information, that symbol has bugged me for two weeks. :mad:

DonalFitterer

Reaction score
Similar issue

I was using a WiFi at a hotel which required a login via a webpage and it whacked out my phone. I turned off WiFi and restarted weatherbug and all was good.