LJ Droid review

OP
nite 0wl

nite 0wl

Reaction score
It certainly isn't going to win any awards but at least it doesn't include (or make a big deal of) the patently false 'problems' a lot of the reviews have.

I think the biggest flaws lie in the concentration on the carrier and it's activities instead of the device itself.

Big D

Reaction score
I read that review to say that the phone itself sucks but Android is pretty good.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
wasn't a review he obviously has an ax to grind with VZW and it's flagship handset..

Read like he was upset over the way AT&T and the iPhone were taking a beating via the adverts....

not to hard to read between the lines when somebody is upset that a device other than the iPhone is getting rave reviews everywhere and is stirring public attention.

windstrings

Reaction score
Reminds me of the kid picking on his brother until his brother finally knocks the heck out of him, then he goes crying to his parents trying to look like the victim when he started the provocation.

If AT&T can dish it out... let them take it too.

They want to claim the fastest 3G network?... really?.... I think they had it coming and I'm sure the Judge will see the same thing unless they are paid off.

ronimous

Reaction score
Apple fanboy?

You can read a lot into a writer's intent by the tone of their adjectives. He uses the words 'peddling' and 'hawking' to describe Verizon selling Droids. Dead giveaway to his intentions.

Apple and AT&T upset over the Iphone being described as a 'misfit' toy? Isn't that what the "Hello, I'm a Mac...and I'm a PC" commericals have been doing for the last couple of years?

Please.

OP
nite 0wl

nite 0wl

Reaction score
It's also fairly obvious that this guy didn't have a review copy of the device and was basicaly just regurgitating the VERY biased and flawed ComputerWorld reviews that we've seen. At least this one managed to avoid the more subjective issues that other reviewers picked on.
As a subscriber to this publication.

I have half a mind to write a letter of complaint.

windstrings

Reaction score
Well regardless.. we all know we get emotionally attached to our phones.

But competition is good for everybody. :icon_ devil:

We should all be glad the Droid came out and then all be glad when Apple tries to counter them and then be Glad Google topples that apple cart.... in the meantime we get cooler and better phones!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Another useless bias review.

He's obviously upset with Verizon about something. Seems like an AT&T/iPhone sackrider to me.

edit: I'd also like to point out that I was an AT&T customer for years. When they were AT&T switched to Cingular and back to AT&T. I loved their service until the last year before they switched back to AT&T. My calls would drop, calls wouldn't go through, and a signal was hard to get. I didn't want to switch to Verizon at first, but I can see why people speak so highly of it. Call quality, signal quality, etc. all good. The only complaint I have of Verizon is their 160 character texting , I know AT&T is the same but what AT&T does and Verizon doesn't do is send 2 seperate texts when you want to send a text that's more than 160 characters. Other than that, the 3g is faster with a better signal and wireless signal is covered much better than AT&T in my area.

Last edited:

DaHarder

Reaction score
Seriously...

That was hardly worth the time it took to read - IMO

Happy DROIDing​

windstrings

Reaction score
I know AT&T is the same but what AT&T does and Verizon doesn't do is send 2 seperate texts when you want to send a text that's more than 160 characters. Other than that, the 3g is faster with a better signal and wireless signal is covered much better than AT&T in my area.

A program called "handcent".... its free will allow you to send as long a text as you want, but it compiles them in 160 character chunks and when you hit send they all go back to back seamlessly.

You can also send to "most recent" and also lets you browse and send to your groups or whole contact list and pick and choose who you will send to.

It will also allow tons of other tweaks.