Live wallpapers not installed on new phone

Carmin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
GT-I9500
Hi,
I just bought an S4 from Viaero Wireless and my Live wallpapers is not there. It came with the most current 4.4.2 update. When I confronted them about it, they told me Samsung deleted the live wallpapers application from the newest phones. My husband bought his at the same time and it is installed on his as it should be. I looked at their personal phones, and again it is on there. I have also noticed other items that did not come with it as well and have nothing but troubles opening files, downloading pdf formats and have had to download what should have come with the phone as factory settings. I have tried to find ways to fix this issue with no luck. Please help! I am going crazy!

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Welcome to the forum Carmin! Whoever you confronted is correct. Live wallpapers have been removed as a "stock" option simply because they place a terrible amount of battery drain on your device. If you absolutely must have live wallpaper I would suggest searching the Play Store, there are hundreds of third party live wallpaper apps you can download.
Good luck and holler if we can be of further assistance.

tap'n on my S5

OP
C

Carmin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
GT-I9500
Welcome to the forum Carmin! Whoever you confronted is correct. Live wallpapers have been removed as a "stock" option simply because they place a terrible amount of battery drain on your device. If you absolutely must have live wallpaper I would suggest searching the Play Store, there are hundreds of third party live wallpaper apps you can download.
Good luck and holler if we can be of further assistance.

tap'n on my S5

Can you give me some ideas? anything I have downloaded can not be run because i do not have the live wallpapers option on my phone. I only have gallery and wallpapers. is there an application that has to be downloaded directly to the phone to allow live wallpapers to work?? Sorry I just do not understand these phones.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Sorry, I don't use them myself so I can't really recommend one, you'll simply have to try a few out. It doesn't matter if the option itself is not on your phone. Simply install the app open it up and enable it and it should work just fine. If you happen to find one that doesn't work, simply uninstall it and try another. You don't need a separate application for it to work.

tap'n on my S5

Update: try downloading the Zedge app. They have a ton of great wallpapers, including live ones. I just downloaded "northern lights" (from within the Zedge app) and tried it out in my S5 (which didn't come stock with live wallpapers) and it works fine. Go into your system settings under wallpaper and scroll over until you find the live wallpaper you downloaded. It's not going to say "live wallpaper", it will simply have the name of that wallpaper (ie: Northern lights in my case). Enable it on your home screen, not your lock screen, it won't work on your lock screen. Good luck!

Last edited:

bbtkd

Reaction score
I like the Mario live wallpaper, which came out for the original Droid. I suspect that the author got dinged by Nintendo and had to pull it from the play store. The latest version is called MarioLive_094b.apk and can still be found through a google search.

It plays several different animations of Mario going through different screens from the original Mario game. You don't play it but there are some settings to change the speed, etc. It really doesn't use much power surprisingly - as long as you use playback (vs. rendered) mode and a sane frame rate. Still works under KitKat 4.4.2.

The author also has a video live wallpaper where you can feed it a video file that is played in the background.

Last edited:

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
To turn on a live wallpaper:

Go into the phone settings, the gear icon.
Then select my device, and display under that.
Then select wallpaper, and then live wallpaper will pop up as an option.
Select the one you WISH! ;) Happy USER!