Live Wallpaper Ideas

Zac7

Reaction score
Just got the 2.1 update today and really am enjoying the live wallpapers. Thought of some ideas of some good wallpapers that hopefully some of the talented developers might make for all of us to enjoy. Wanted to start a thread where other people could post some ideas of what they would like to see in the future. I would imagine now everyone is starting to get the update more and more live wallpapers will be popping up on the market

Just wanted to have some fun and share what we all think are good ideas for live walls.

Here are a few I would love to see...

Storm live wallpaper but not just lightning. I would like to see rain hitting the screen and then get wiped off maybe like you were in a car driving through a storm.

Live pond with ripples like the stock one but instead of leaves have various types of fish swimming around in the wallpaper.

I would love to see someone put all pro sport teams in a neueral network type wallpaper. I know its aalot but maybe eventually because almost every sport team is available as a theme for open home or gde.

Id like to hear what you guys want to see eventually and what you think the possibility of these wallpapers becoming available in the market.

OP
Z

Zac7

Reaction score
Well I just thought this might be a good thread to through ideas around but o well. I didn't want this to be a beg for wallpaper thread I just don't have the talent to make wallpapers like this and just thought with all the talent on this site someone might want to take some ideas and run with'em. O well.

droidzilla

Reaction score
I have been working on some live wallpapers and so far nothing just got to keep trying...read some of the threads on here they have some good info.

JDungan69

Reaction score
Personally I would love to see a live aquarium wallpaper. Even if it wasn't touch sensitive just a wallpaper where you can see fish swimming around. Maybe you could even choose what kinds of fish you wanted or what the background of the aquarium is would be really cool.

pigpen

Reaction score
I see there is a red eye live wallpaper in the market, but i dont like the way it moves around. Maybe if someone could make a live wallpaper out of the red eye when the phone boots up, that would be awesome. maybe slow down that cycle a bit , and loop it, and put it on a black background like in the boot sequence. I'd pay for that lol.

qwopzxnm

Reaction score
I would LOVE to see someone with the skills make a live wallpaper of an automatic watch movement. Something like a Rolex or Panerai, or better yet, something with a tourbillon escapement.

If it could make the hands move and be a clock, even better.

mtnbikerfred

Reaction score
Liquid metal. shiny and flowing. maybe be able to change the color or material.

Add a liquid effect to gallery images as is you're viewing a reflection in water.

Papachabre

Reaction score
Been wanting this for a while: an animated live wallpaper that changes with the weather and time. It could be as if you were looking out a window at a landscape. Or it could be more simple - like if they just added weather effects to the grass live wallpaper that is included in the 2.1 update that would be fine with me.

Skyranger

Reaction score
yep

I see there is a red eye live wallpaper in the market, but i dont like the way it moves around. Maybe if someone could make a live wallpaper out of the red eye when the phone boots up, that would be awesome. maybe slow down that cycle a bit , and loop it, and put it on a black background like in the boot sequence. I'd pay for that lol.
+1 :motdroidvert:

inkman0007

Reaction score
I agree. Live weather wallpaper like on Windows Mobile 6.5 would be great.:motdroidhoriz: