"LIVE TV" app

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
For those asking it links to atdhe.net

The syfy channel is listed there when I visit with my browser, but it isn't listed within the app so there are some extras on the website the app doesn't link to. ESPN works from the website. Within the app I see a veetle toolbar but nothing plays.

Works fine on wifi.

For others asking about manually downloading Android 2.2 ....you can root your phone with leaked versions that various developers have worked on but there is nothing official yet. If interested poke around the forum for hacking/rooting guides. Or start in my signature.

All in all, a cool idea for an app.

tony1208

Reaction score
works great on koush latest cyan rom...cell gets really hot after 10 min or more lol of watching tv haha

Varking

Reaction score
I currently have the UD3.5 ROM installed on my phone and am in the process of upgrading to 4.0. I also have the latest flash player installed which I found on this forum. ESPN works fine for me. I am not sure if ROMs effect this app in any way but it does work for me on UD3.5.

hamitup

Reaction score
fix for espn

i think i found the problem with the espn getting the veetle plugin at the start. well..i remeber downloading a nexus fix that was a flash 10.1 for hulu. it fixed hulu but i thought that maybe if i downloaded the regular 10.1 instead of the hulu fixed (flash 10.1) it might work. we'll...it did. i now have espn after downloading the regular flash 10.1 and not the flash 10.1 hulu fix. here is the flash i downloaded. link below. you must go to /menu/applications/manage applications/ and delete the original flash first before you can install this flash. leave message for ones that tries this so we know if it worked for others..it did me. link below.

Download: Flash 10.1 Beta 3 for Motorola Droid - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Varking

Reaction score
i think i found the problem with the espn getting the veetle plugin at the start. well..i remeber downloading a nexus fix that was a flash 10.1 for hulu. it fixed hulu but i thought that maybe if i downloaded the regular 10.1 instead of the hulu fixed (flash 10.1) it might work. we'll...it did. i now have espn after downloading the regular flash 10.1 and not the flash 10.1 hulu fix. here is the flash i downloaded. link below. you must go to /menu/applications/manage applications/ and delete the original flash first before you can install this flash. leave message for ones that tries this so we know if it worked for others..it did me. link below.

Download: Flash 10.1 Beta 3 for Motorola Droid - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
This is the same flash player and same link I got mine from.

J*Bishop

Reaction score

This is the same flash player and same link I got mine from.

i have the same one as well.

ok guys. i just uninstalled flash then re-installed it. i'm now able to watch ESPN!! :icon_ banana: not sure why i didn't think of it sooner. :icon_evil:

update: FOX News is a no go. it's still telling me i need the veetle player. bah!

Juggernaut

Reaction score
I've had that version of flash all this time and today after everyone here says ESPN is working I tried it and now it works. I changed nothing. No FOX News for me either, it's still asking for the veetle plugin.

tu3218

Reaction score

worked perfect!! thanks for the tip

Droid101

Reaction score
Found it and overall I don't think it is terrible. Although I do get the fox news message saying to install veetle player and HGTV lags very excessively but all that can be fixed. I think for this persons first app he did exceptionally well and I am sure future updates will bring great features!:)

I can see it being a battery killer though:biggrin:

hamitup

Reaction score
hey fellas..glad it works for everyone so far. hope i can help again.

Kobra

Reaction score
Huge props to hamitup! I now have the golf Channel and ESPN i am one happy camper!! Again thanks bud!

Varking

Reaction score
If you get the veedle player add again simply reinstall the flash player again. It is annoying at times but worth it for ESPN.

Phreaker47

Reaction score
For those of you with 2.1 that don't want to update yet, there IS a way to watch this content.

Download Skyfire from the market and browse to atdhe.net with it.

LONG press the link you want to watch, and choose "open in new window"

The bottom bar showing the video should show up and you should be able to start playing it. If it doesn't, press menu.

I was watching ATDHE stuff this way long before Froyo!