Little red light on the right

rage813

Reaction score
I had it in my first two droid 2 globals and it only went away when i turned the phone off then back on which both were defective because they randomly rebooted themselves once a day. ive had this D2G for about three weeks and its never been on(the red proxy light) and the phone hasnt reset itself. Knock on wood

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

K20turbo

Reaction score
The red light has something to do with the keyword backlit. I see it too and it happend to me twice since I got the phone. When light is on the keyboard never seems to light up. resetting the phone fixes the problem and it doesn't happen constantly. Twice in about two month. I don't know what triggers it but something with an app and also the keyboard wont light up when it happens.

steeda2005

Reaction score
I found that the light to the left of the ear piece is a sensor.

steeda2005

Reaction score
This is from another post....

So mine does it to. From research I have found out this...when ur phone is in the close position, at the top of the phone, to the left of the ear piece/motorola (word) there is a very tiny red dot. I mean tiny. U wont see it if your key board is out. Any ways, this tiny...did I say really tiny? Red dot is a sensor. If ur hand/finger covers it or even moves over it. ur phone thinks its time to sleep. Try to stay away from that light and ur issue is resolved. Its in the worst spot, cuz thats where u hold ur phone. They should have stuck the sensor on the right side.

Hope this helps. I still hit it from time to time. Frustrates the heck outta me!!

Lisa

droid2global

Reaction score
everybody if you take a camera and aim it at your phone you cane see the infarered light if you have a d2g. but at night i see mine without the camera

droid2global

Reaction score
if you make a call and point a camera at the droid while you are calling you will se that light

zero7404

Reaction score
i just spotted this light too ... very dim. ok, so you all are not hallucinating after all ... lol

anyone figure out what's going on just let us kno

steeda2005

Reaction score
If u look at the online manual, it tells u that light, is a censor, it tells the phone when to sleep. Its the red one in the upper left side of the ear piece. When I get a message of any kind there is a little green light to the right of the ear piece to let me know I have a message of some sort. I wish the lights were switched!

vintage2714

Reaction score
This sensor is annoying but comes in handy I always put my finger on it while holding the phone and it shuts off the screen

leobg

Reaction score
Sensor comes in only when screen is on. It is barely visible and is grossly outshined by the screen itself. I haven't noticed it until it was mentioned here in this thread to be honest.