Little red light on the right

Reaction score
Just got my Droid 2 global yesterday and this morning I noticed that there was a lil red light on the right side of the front top of the phone and it would randomly go on and then back off. But now it has been on constantly been on for the last few hours. So what does that light mean and why wont it turn off?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Ben.

Reaction score
Just got my D2G and noticed the light flashing when the battery was at 15%.

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
Wait sorry I meant to say it was on the left side not right. I know what the notification light on the right side is.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The left is where the proxy sensor is. I have heard some people can see it. How bright is it?

tappin and a talkin

Reaction score
Its has something to do with the phone calls connecting.

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
It just finally turned off after being for 4hrs straight. Its not that bright and its really small. So which is it ? The proxy sensor light or something to do with the calls? And why does it turn off quickly sometimes but stay on for hours other times

zero7404

Reaction score
i see 2 'sensors' on the left side above the screen. never noticed any light there. would be interesting to figure out wat this is ... maybe a bad sensor emits light, not sure.

unlike the original droid, this phone looks like its got one less sensor on the display-side of the device.

sent via wireless device

lshall

Reaction score
I noticed the same thing at the same spot last night. It's not too noticeable until you start staring at it. Was on last night but today I haven't seen it yet.

Zerozx

Reaction score
I noticed this last night, because my room was completely dark...it's barely noticeable, but once you know it's there and look at it, you can see it. It's fairly small, but still noticeable. Still not sure what it is, answers in this thread have been vague ;P

rage813

Reaction score
Just a question do any of you with the light on have phone rebooting itself problems??

zero7404

Reaction score
i just re-read, the op says on the right side. this is the notification light. red means low battery.

zero7404

Reaction score
in that case i've never seen any led light on the upper left side of the display

Zerozx

Reaction score
in that case i've never seen any led light on the upper left side of the display

It's not on the display, it's above it. Above the display, to the left of the word "MOTOROLA" - Small, dim red light sometimes