Little green squares, no pics

msblueline

Reaction score
OK, I did a search. Many things are close to what I want, but not the answer I am looking for.

I have received many emails from different people, and they contain pictures.

When I open the pics, they are not listed. Just tiny little squares in their place.

I select the option at the top right that says "show picture."

To no avail... I get no pictures. Of course, they're all at the bottom that I can download and open them that way.

Is there an option that will allow me have them show in the email itself?

Thanks,

msblueline

aristo1963

Reaction score
That is odd if I clik show pics they open right up on mine:redface:

Msblue if it isnt personal you can forward one to me @ @nc.rr.com and ill see if they show on mine.

Last edited:
OP
msblueline

msblueline

Reaction score
Headed your way. I was mistaken too in my origional posts.

They are little blue boxes with quesiton marks, not green boxes.

msblueline

aristo1963

Reaction score
OMG those are the cutest pics ,I love the it better be batman and oo! a peanut LOL

but yes they opened up just fine

OP
msblueline

msblueline

Reaction score
OMG those are the cutest pics ,I love the it better be batman and oo! a peanut LOL

but yes they opened up just fine

Not for me. I got the big square where the picture would be, and then a little blue box with a question mark, as if it doesn't know what kind of file that is.

Is there any special app that you are using to get them to open? Maybe a setting that I don't have selected?

msblueline

aristo1963

Reaction score
no i just clik'd show pictures and they opened right up.ive never had any problem seeing imbeded email pics just have to hit show

aristo1963

Reaction score
I do have astro on my droid,but email pics did open before that,Hmmmm do you have that anti virus app that everyone has screamed about?

OP
msblueline

msblueline

Reaction score
no i just clik'd show pictures and they opened right up.ive never had any problem seeing imbeded email pics just have to hit show

Well, I guess they got out of bed on yours, because they are still inbed on mine...LOL!!!

Is there an update out there that I don't have... Now I am upset about this.

Hmm, maybe I have a buggy one. I still have 3 days left for my 30 days... maybe they'll swap it out for me...

I have already done a wipe (persay) and reinstall of everything.

Only apps on here now are:

CrossConnect EVS Bible
Tic Tac Toe
Twidroid Pro for Twitter
Bebbled
Shot 2nd Ed
Beautiful widgets
Advanced task killer
Pandora
Weight Loss cardio Trainer
GDE
BattleSea
aiMinesweeper
Google Sky Map
Facebook for Android
Google Maps

That's it...

msblueline

aristo1963

Reaction score
Bible
Tic Tac Toe
Beautiful widgets
Pandora
GDE
BattleSea
aiMinesweeper
Google Sky Map
Facebook for Android
Google Maps

plus i have several others.did you get the pic i just sent you as an attachment?

mjs31

Reaction score
Realize this also....Gmail has a known issue if someone choose "insert picture" in the email rather than the regular way of attaching them. Some call this embedding the image, but it really isn't although it is an easy way to describe it. For example...with outlook you create and email and then from the top drop down, you select insert image. This places the image within the body of the email. If you try to open this on your phones gmail, it will give you a small symbol and will not allow you to open it. There is no fix and for those that will say it opens in their phones gmail...they are not looking at the same type of email. Now, emails sent from things like online businesses etc will open since this is handled through their server.

This may not be what is happening, but it is known and has been this way since G1. You can find many many posts about this using google. They will typically say "Embedded" pictures wont show up in gmail.

You can open these from the actual gmail website, just not the phone application.

spazma7ik

Reaction score
Yeah I have had this problem with an email too. Never found a way to view them so i had to sign into Gmail on the web, and that seemed to work.

aristo1963

Reaction score
Kevin he is correct,I just forwarded the email you sent me to my gmail and it shows the same as yours did.It works fine on my pop mail though.