List of Update Enhancements

ms1951

Reaction score
I cut and this from a link we got during the soak.

All DROID Maxx users

ENHANCEMENTS

Google Drive: Introducing two years of free 50GB Google Drive cloud storage. To activate, open the Google Drive on-device app and follow the setup instructions
Camera: Improved Photo Quality Improved capture of natural light (autowhite balance) and color accuracy for more precise exposure in outdoor and backlit scenes
Camera: Improved Focus. Faster touch to focus time and reduced unnecessary refocusing in low light conditions and scenes with continuous motion
Camera: Faster Switching. Shortened the time it takes to switch between rear and front-facing cameras, as well as transition between the viewfinder and the Gallery app
Expanded Compatibility: Now compatible with popular apps such as: Jawbone Up, SquareReader, and Mophie Wireless Charging accessory
New Touchless Control Tone: All new notification sound when using the Touchless Control “Call My DROID” voice command for easier locating
Motorola Skip: Compatible with Motorola SKIP accessory for easier security via NFC authentication (accessory available on Motorola.com)
Improved Voice Call Quality: Fixed an issue that could sometimes result in choppy audio being heard by the person you’re speaking with on your DROID
Enhanced Touchless Control: Increased accuracy and responsiveness when using Touchless Control, and added easier training of the “OK Google Now” trigger
Improved Moto Care: Additional ease of use to locate a lost phone with either a message prompt or a ringtone activated through the Moto Care portal to the lost device
Wireless Charging: New on-display guide marks for easier alignment with wireless charging accessory
Motorola Assist – Driving Detection: Fixed an issue that could sometimes cause the phone to read out text messages and announce calls when not in Drive mode

Ardeleon09

Reaction score
With the latest update developer options is hidden to reactive it you have to go to settings>about phone> and tap on build number it will then say how ever many touches you are away from activating developer options[FONT=Helvetica Neue, arial, sans-serif].[/FONT]

floydfollower13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
This was very helpful. Didn't realize there was more to the update then just the camera.

bonesvf103

Reaction score
Yes, even the parts about call my Droid, touchless control, and MotoCare were not mentioned in the on-screen improvements.

I am, however, disappointed in the Motorola Assist "enhancements." Before the update, if I was driving and got a text message, the message would be read aloud to me over the Bluetooth but on the channel that uses voice. So, whether I was listening to an iPod attached to my car, or Pandora on the Bluetooth, or even the radio, Assist would quiet the media I was listening to to tell me about the message and then when I consented, read it aloud. When it was finished, it would return to whatever media I was on. It was great.

Now, I can only get this function if I am set on my car audio to Bluetooth. So if I am listening to the radio or iPod, if a text message comes in I don't get a notification from my car audio, and even if I consent to have it read to me, it will read it to me over the Bluetooth channel, not even on the Maxx speaker. So I have no way to hear it unless I switch to the Blue tooth function of my car.

I hope this was a mistake on their part and they fix it later. It really was great when it worked. Anyone else have a similar issue and/or know a fix?

boNes

doogald

Reaction score
I am, however, disappointed in the Motorola Assist "enhancements." Before the update, if I was driving and got a text message, the message would be read aloud to me over the Bluetooth but on the channel that uses voice. So, whether I was listening to an iPod attached to my car, or Pandora on the Bluetooth, or even the radio, Assist would quiet the media I was listening to to tell me about the message and then when I consented, read it aloud. When it was finished, it would return to whatever media I was on. It was great.

Now, I can only get this function if I am set on my car audio to Bluetooth. So if I am listening to the radio or iPod, if a text message comes in I don't get a notification from my car audio, and even if I consent to have it read to me, it will read it to me over the Bluetooth channel, not even on the Maxx speaker. So I have no way to hear it unless I switch to the Blue tooth function of my car.

I hope this was a mistake on their part and they fix it later. It really was great when it worked. Anyone else have a similar issue and/or know a fix?

I'm not sure - I haven't received a text message while driving yet. I did just receive my first phone call, and that did what you described - paused the iPod audio, played the call on the speakers, and then continued the iPod audio when the call completed.

bonesvf103

Reaction score
I'm not sure - I haven't received a text message while driving yet. I did just receive my first phone call, and that did what you described - paused the iPod audio, played the call on the speakers, and then continued the iPod audio when the call completed.

Did you get a text while driving yet? What happened? What car are you driving? I am driving a 2012 Honda Civic Coupe EX.

boNes

doogald

Reaction score
Did you get a text while driving yet? What happened? What car are you driving? I am driving a 2012 Honda Civic Coupe EX.

Nope, it still hasn't happened. One of my cars has a Kenwood BT deck. I don't drive all that much with the car.

pilot12

Reaction score
I cut and this from a link we got during the soak.

All DROID Maxx users

ENHANCEMENTS

Expanded Compatibility: Now compatible with popular apps such as: Jawbone Up

I bought a Jawbone up, but I can't download the app. It still gives me a message that my Maxx isn't compatible. Does anybody know a work around?
Thanks! Kelly